Monday, October 17, 2005

The Call

A call has been spoken, a mandate has been issued, God has spoken, we have heard, and now it begins.
When R.Jay and I agreed to join our pastor and fellow leaders from Cornerstone Christian Fellowship Center on a trip to Pittsburgh, PA to celebrate with Pastor Dudley Mays in their church's anniversary we couldn't have been happier to bless another congregation. The opposite occurred. We were blessed beyond compare. Of course, the servanthood of the men and women of that church was astounding but what was more amazing was the blessing God gave us. He spoke. His word came through a wonderful man of God, Dennis Cramer, and made us weep tears of joy.
The most holy God has spoken things into existence to come that we couldn't have imagined. God sees, and we don't, and there is something so perfectly comfortable about that. Change will be taken place soon. Moves will be made.... and names will be picked out. Yes, I said names. "Start picking names out - a pregnancy is imminent. The Lord heals you today of the infirmaties that have plagued your body."
I'm ready for change. God has called us to it and we're ready. We're stepping out and stepping up and it couldn't be more exciting.

As you could probably assume by now... Pittsburgh was incredible. The ministry was powerful, the food was delicious ( and way off the diet), and the friendships and laughs were hilarious! Of course, shopping was included and just a bit too much Starbucks.

Now it's time to unpack, do laundry, prepare for youth friday and the bake sale all the while my husband pumps insulation into the walls of our little home we rent. Yikes. I can see the messes already and if you know me in any capacity... Messes and me don't do well.

But I'll be paitent and kind and loving - I promise.

Heather Dowling at 12:28 PM

6comments

6 Comments

at 7:45 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Moves will be made..."
You aren't going anywhere are you?! I certainly hope not!

Sounds like PA was fantastic. I can't wait to hear more. Any plans for Saturday? MAybe we can get together for an early dinner at my house. I promise to make something good!

 
at 8:57 PM Blogger Kat said...

The friends in the car were the most special though right!!!???

 
at 8:54 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I am happy for you.

 
at 10:51 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

so... you haven't answered my question about moving yet.

You better not be going anywhere! Call me tonight about this weekend.

 
at 6:37 PM Blogger Kat said...

So it was not Goonies 2 he-der....it was Gremlins 2....hee hee hee.....see my blog where you commented

 
at 9:10 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry about last night. I always forget you are supposed to call until we are going to bed.
Talk to you later. We'll be out until around noon.

 

Post a Comment