Thursday, October 06, 2005

CHANGE

"The way it always was is no longer good enough"

Driving into work this morning this line from the song "Brave" by Nicole Nordeman echoed in my brain. "It isn't good enough anymore Lord is it? The way we all lived isn't going to cut it?" I thought to myself. Chris' choice effected hundreds of people if not more. The overwhelming sadness I'm soaking in is forcing me to look at the life I'm living for God. It hurts. The knowing my passion for Him is no longer good enough. I realize He is calling me for more, and I'm so glad because I'm hungry for so much more than this.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." 1Cor. 2:9
* How exciting!

If I could ever express myself to Kathy Moulton what her words on Saturday afternoon did for me without sobbing all over her I would. Although, because I'm a bag of emotions I wouldn't get it out. The grace of God that covered such a wonderful woman of God that day and the previous days was so intense and so beautiful. We serve such a benevolent Lord. How could we not surrender to Him?

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2Cor. 12:9

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not really sure how to go into something else after pouring out my heart and thoughts previously but I just have to say YAY for Kathy Owens on blog now! You'll have to give me the address you're at because I can't get into your blog.

CHANGE IS GOOD

Heather Dowling at 12:13 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 12:30 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at 2:57 PM Blogger Kat said...

it's www.keatonchick.blogspot.com, your prolly the only one who will read it

 
at 4:27 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Hey lady,
I feel so tormented now for asking you about Chris after reading your blog, please forgive me! I love you and againg I am so sorry, but after reading your blog... I began thinking, we are expendable unless God chooses to use us, and unfortunately how something like this can open our eyes so much, but praise be to God that it has opened our eyes instead of clouding them with tears... I LOVE YOU!

 

Post a Comment