Friday, October 07, 2005

Confessions

I fear the unknown. Whether it be good, bad, or indifferent - I'm scared.
A hundred verses swarm my mind but I'm not comforted.
That's not normal.
Will I have peace soon Lord?

--------------------------------------------------------
It's friday. That means I have two days to spend with the best person I know, my husband. Youth group pizza sale deliveries and moving friends into new homes will flood our weekend but knowing I get to stand beside him each day is the best feeling in the world. Waking up to run this race with R.jay each moring is such a joy and I try to treasure each memory, each moment. Sometimes I miss him even when we're sitting next to each other. It's crazy how much God allows me to love this man. It's wonderful and I don't deserve it. Yet, in God's perfect plan he knew just who would be waiting for me for all these years to completely help me in my walk with the Lord and through this mess called life. He left me a note this morning. I keep each one you know. How could I not? They're each so special.

Youth group is tonight. I'm getting exited each week that passes. God is doing something and soon I know I'll feel at home. "Give it time" everyone says. I'm trying. God knows what's best and that is all I need to know. Why am I aching for more?

I suppose it's time to stop confessing and begin praying. I suppose I should have been doing that all along, but thanks for listening.

Heather Dowling at 12:35 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 6:34 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess there's always a struggle to find the balance between expecting "new" and "more" and still being content with who we are and where He's brought us. The struggle is easier when you bring it to Him, though, so I'm glad to hear you are.

Life is crazy, and it only makes a little bit of sense when we follow Him!

 
at 7:31 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you realize that we are scheduling into NOVEMBER to get together for a simple"let's hang out" time!? The 5th works for right now. We'll talk soon and figure it out.
You have to come see our new rooms and my new clothes! When - I do not know. I'll call you sometime this week.

 

Post a Comment