Monday, October 10, 2005

The Fruit of the Spirit

What fruit am I bearing today Lord?

Monday has come yet again. This time it's refreshing. After a busy weekend and hardly anytime with my hubby, this week promises a little more quietness in the evenings before we pick up the hectic hat all over again and head of to Pittsburgh, PA friday morning at "8:00am sharp!" as Pastor Kevin gently reminded us Sunday morning. ( I think that was for you Kat). Denny Cramer ( mind my spelling - i'm unsure how he spells his last name) will be there and I'm getting more and more excited each day. I've heard so much about him and it'll be great to be under his ministry for a weekend. Pastor Kevin encouraged us with a little humor "If you breathe, i'm sure he'll have a word for you."

God had given me a blessing in disguise. A certain someone has become something special... a friend. Despite all of our differences the Lord who has our hairs numbered and our days planned has given me the gift of friendship in my time of lonliness. He loves me.

This morning I looked at the very first Pslam and it became my prayer. May I be that tree firmly planted by streams of living water! Pastor spoke on love the last couple of Sundays. I'm beginning to view 1Cor 13 in a new light. I want each virtue to be stamped all over me. I want people to see love pouring off of me in a way no one has witnessed before. I want to surrender to His perfect love and through this may the fruit of the spirit be my joy and pouring out from my very existence.

One sentence has been echoing in my ears for the last month:
AM I WALKING IN THE LIGHT THAT HE HAS CALLED ME TO?

Heather Dowling at 12:09 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 1:53 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Oh how I miss you immensly, but life seems to be so full... :(
I'm glad you have a "friend" now, although as I read those words I wish I was in that "friends" place. You are in my prayers and keep mom and dad in yours, Dad is not doing so well.... Love You!

 
at 8:55 PM Blogger Kat said...

AWWW...aren't you special!!!!

 

Post a Comment