Monday, October 03, 2005

His mercies are new every morning

It's Monday. The weekend is over and friends that came from afar are now leaving. I wonder if my sorrow is deeper even now. It's time to move on with life... but how???????

ABUNDANTLY
I thank Jackie Card for including John 10:10 in her blog yesterday. God is calling us to pick up a fallen torch and carry our own we've so easily put aside as well. I believe He is calling us to do it in abundance. Life is different now it's safe to say. Today will not be the same -we have Christopher Ray Moulton whispering in our ears. ALL THE GLORY BE TO GOD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter subject (if possible)... Yesterday was our Guevara/Dowling apple picking day! It was an adventure to say the least. My mother once again came across as my hero as she dealt with the hustle & bustle of raising teenagers and a rather VIBRANT young 10-year old by herself as my couragous father trusts in the Lord every day in making a life for his family in North Carolina. *SIGH* it was exhausting - i'll be honest, but I had a great time and can't wait to begin turning my bags of apples into pies, dumplings, and anything else I can come up with in the next couple weeks. Starting tonight our little home will be filled with the warmth and smell of apple pie. A nice treat my husband can come home to after hunting. (I still don't understand that sport - oh well.) Autumn is here and I couldn't be more delighted. For all that now me, summers are torchure and when fall finally arrives I am in my glory! Now for the beautiful SNOW! The trees (or what is left of them after our crazy wind/rain storms) are finally turning into the bold colors I look forward to all year round. Praise the Lord for such a majestic view of colors that surround me every morning when I awake. :)

Heather Dowling at 12:20 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 1:46 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definately feel challenged, more so than I did Saturday. It would somehow be disrespectful to have gotten swept into the emotion of Chris's funeral and not be walking it out now.

Anyway...I've been thinking about "normal" posts again. It seems so trivial though, to be telling stories about the girls or talking about our trip this week. Eventually we have to, I guess.

 
at 3:48 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

How you fill my heart with joy....
Your blog was so inspiring to me today. I spoke with Mom and the kids and my heart rips out of it's chest with each word to them. Part of me hurts for them and part of me is annoyed by them. Life can be hard but what a greater joy it is to be thankful and trusting in the One would created this life that we have. This I believe they have no concept of....
...................................
But turning to a more postive note, I will call you to tell you how life in the jungles of Costa Rica went. And....
Are you pregnant? I have to tell you of a dream...... I LOVE YOU!!!

 

Post a Comment