Tuesday, October 04, 2005

No Baby On Board

At the mere mention of the word "baby" from my lips (or typing rather) and 30% of the north country leaps to their feet to ask me if I'm pregnant.
Jackie: "Your sister wrote 'are you pregnant', oh my gosh, are you pregnant, are you pregnant?"
This is how rumors begin. :)
I would think you'd all be wise enough to know that if I really were there's no chance you'd hear about it on my blog first. I'm sure you do know, especially those family and close friends. Although, we're not blessed with a baby yet. God's timing is perfect, I am sure of this, and that is what I rest in... His perfection. Don't misunderstand... there are tears and times of "WHY!?" but deep in my heart I trust.

After I spoke with Jackie yesterday and my husband when I got home I've been thinking about the call that God has put on us all through the ministry Chris has passed on. I think about my daily routines, the life we live in our small town and our small church. My heart aches for more. The Lord has set eternity in my heart and every day of my life will be spent with that in mind. I hunger to do more, to experience more, and to reach for the call that God is calling me to. He has so much more in store for us than we could ever imagine. Am I walking in the light that God has called me to? Am I passionate for Christ like the life Christopher lived - walking in each day with excitment and fervency? May we all be remembered and honored as he was. May we all reach Christ on that day and have Him look at us with love and say "in you I am well pleased". I'm thirsty for more of Him. I want the VICTORY.

Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it, but one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is head. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Heather Dowling at 12:31 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 3:45 PM Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

great post friend.

 
at 12:59 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new look. Very nice!

 

Post a Comment