Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Nothing Is Beyond You

I can't stop listening to this song. Rich Mullins, wow. I have yet to make it through this song this week tearless. I should write Pslam 139 on my heart. I'm not alone, and although He's proved that hundreds of times, why is it hard for this girl who knows His grace all to well to get it through her head, and her heart?

God has been good to R.Jay and I today, yet again. This morning R.Jay's employer informed him that the company my husband works for is paying for ALL of his expenses in the training R.Jay requested to further his career. This is unbelievable considering it's the first time the company has ever provided this for an employee. The books are ordered and charged to the company and not us. Praise the Lord! As we venture out in running our own business God is definately showing His confirmation to the words and desires that are in our hearts. These courses will enable R.Jay to do so much more in his field!

My home was filled with the aroma of pumpkin spice & vanilla nut last night....mmmmmm. As well as being clean once again after such a crazy weekend. Laundry is beginning to get caught up and the house looks absolutely cozy once again... until we return from Pittsburgh on Sunday evening. More pictures were hung up on the wall in places I've been waiting for: A graduation picture of my niece, Jessyca; A four-month-old picture of my niece, Riley; an "engagement" picture of my sister-in-law, Rushteen & Gary; and a picture of my sister & husband, Heidi & Joe. This completes the beautiful display of my beautiful family on our wall that includes sisters & brothers, parents, siblings... this list goes on.

After our plates were empty my husband and I sat at the dining room table last night relishing in the greatness of our God. We looked around at the home He has provided us and so much more. In that silence we worshiped the God who supplies all our needs and in that moment with only a smile we both knew there was nothing to worry about as the plans unfolded for the future. We serve such a loving Lord and I know He has us in the palm of His hands. If only for a moment I begin to doubt, the Lord is quick to remind me where I've come from in the last 2 years, and then... the tears of joy come.

Heather Dowling at 12:34 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 12:57 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at 10:17 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Yeah, they are engaged... I didn't know that! I hope you have a great weekend in Pittsburg....I LOVE YOU.....

 
at 9:00 AM Blogger Heather Dowling said...

Well they're not technically engaged yet. Who knows.

 
at 8:28 AM Blogger Rushteen Dowling-Hughes said...

Hello to my favorite sister-in-law. I realize that you are my only one but it doesn't matter. I love you like you were my own sister. I love to read about you and R.Jay and the love you share in the Lord. He is an awesome God and I pray that He will continue to bless you in everything.

 

Post a Comment