Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Surrender

Remember Surrender
Remember the rest
Remember that weight lifting off of your chest
And realizing that it's not up to you and it never was

Remember surrender
Remember relief
Remember how tears rolled down both of your cheeks
As the warmth of a heavenly father came closing in

I want to do that again
Why can't I live there And make my home
In sweet surrender I want to do so much more than remember...

"Why can't I live there and make my home" Does anyone else's heart ache in that line other than mine? Why is it so hard to CONTINUALLY be in that moment? Heaven will be perfect; all time will be focused on Him. How wonderful will that be?
Empty me Father. Fill me with only You. I surrender to YOUR will.
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It's October 19th. Do you realize this? That means 2005 is almost over. Didn't it just start? It can't possibly be that this year has been so busy because of my life being completely altered with marriage (praise God), because others seem to think that it's just a little crazy that Christmas is just over two months away. Yikes.

Our church is grieving this week at the loss of Allen Coon. Although I didn't know him well, my heart weeps with those who are weeping. But I'm confident in this... Allen is with the most perfect and holy God and there's peace in the sadness with that thought.

I've begun to despise the news. As R.Jay and I turn on the television (rarely) and watch a simple 6 0'clock news program I find it hard to believe that there cannot be SOMETHING remotely good that they could broadcast. Everything spewing is of the horrific things we as Americans are doing in our country. Someone please give me some hope.

These are apparently some of the random thoughts from my day so far. Each day I must surrender. Each day I must remember that I've surrendered.

Have you seem my photos lately?


Heather Dowling at 12:09 PM

6comments

6 Comments

at 12:34 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at 4:18 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't see them.

 
at 6:16 PM Blogger Kat said...

your po-toes aren't coming up

 
at 10:53 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I LOVE YOU!
Your pics aren't there? :-)

 
at 11:19 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Yes they are working now. They are such great pictures. I am so excited to see you Saturday!!!
I miss them too....

 
at 12:55 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup, they're working. so much fun!

 

Post a Comment