Thursday, November 03, 2005

Child-Like

I love autumn. Not just for the colors and the cooler weather... but the leaves on the ground. My favorite past-time I can remember as a little girl was in autumn when the leaves would fall and the winds would come and stir them up into a cyclone of orange, red, and brown. I used to dance in my little leaf tornado. Well those "leaf tornados" are still my favorite to see. Granted, you probably won't catch me dancing in downtown Watertown in a pile of leaves today. But every now and then I feel the child in me rise up and I want to run outside and catch my leaf tornado. Time is not our friend.

Hi. My name is Heather. I'm a photoholic. My mother in law doesn't help with my obsession of photographs. While at her home last Saturday she piled on me pictures I was able to choose from of R.Jay when he was just a little one. You have to realize how much I love pictures, especially those of my husband in his younger years.

This morning while sipping my coffee I stared at a picture I have of little Rushton and thought what he must have been like as a baby, a toddler, a little boy. To me, this is mind-boggling. That may be silly to some, but knowing this wonderful man of God, my husband, was once a small child who needed someone to do everything for him amazes me. Time amazes me. God's design amazes me. God's timing also amazes me. I know He desires certain things even more than I could. Patience is a virtue... this I know. His timing is perfect... this I keep telling myself. I wonder if his mother ever looked at this adorable toe-head toddler and thought of the wonderful man he would someday be, where he would be, who he would marry. I don't have a son... and I'm already thinking those things. Call me crazy.

Our Wedding

Heather Dowling at 12:26 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 7:45 PM Blogger Kat said...

I am sure his mother is still amazed!!!! I want to see some toe-head pix of RJ!!!

 
at 11:32 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! wedding pictures!

i love pictures as well. : )

 
at 10:14 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pictures are so fun!

and, yes, it's kind of strange to be back in madrid. i don't really feel like i live here yet, though, because we're still at my parents'. it feels more like a really, really long visit during which, for some reason, daniel is working a lot! :) i think settling into the house will really help the whole thing seem more real.

 

Post a Comment