Tuesday, November 08, 2005

God - in my "meantime"

R.Jay and I listened to one of Dennis Cramer's messages last night. It hit me hard. Today those words are repeating themselves all around me, and I'm thankful. Joseph knew. How could I not?

In Genesis 45 Joseph stood before his brothers a new man. After the torment he went through that began with his brothers he gave glory to whom glory was due. So many times in my life when things weren't perfect I've been satisfied with saying "I'm under an attack from the enemy." Oh! But Joseph knew who was in control! "So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God..." I can't even imagine what Joseph must have thought throughout the years after he received his visions from the Lord. He waited actively for them to pass. His mind must have mulled over as mine does. Shouldn't it have? Didn't he question at some point that "the enemy" must be attacking him? Probably not... He understood that the Lord had a plan and was bringing him through - through everything.

I'm "bogged" down. "Bogged" doesn't even begin to describe it. How can I grasp my mind around the plans of God for me? My prophetic words sit beside our stereo, calling out to me to listen to them every week. Faithfully I do... shouldn't I get excited rather than frustrated? Dennis Cramer said something last night that still is making me think... "Why is it that people feel the Words they received are farther away now then when they received them". GULP. OUCH. That's me.

Father help me to understand. Help to actively wait on Your promises in this "meantime" of life. Help me in my unbelief that You are using me even now. Help me to see You in this time of why.

Heather Dowling at 12:26 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 1:18 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... another gathering would probably have to be pushed back into January for us. Kinda scary!!! But who knows.
I'm thinking of having a Partylite party during the beginning of December. Do you think you and Kathy woud be interested in coming? Even if there's just a few of us, it'd be fun to get together.
Let me know!

 
at 2:24 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to schedule it for the week after Thanksgiving, then. Tuesdays and Thursdays work for you, right?

I keep watching new comments pop up on my blog every time I check in. Josh says its cheating because we have full-blown conversations on here. I think he might be right!

Hey what's this I read about you working full time!? stinky. very stinky.

 
at 4:31 PM Blogger Kat said...

Don't worry, when it is least expected, you will be blessed immensely....after all you have me for a friend, that should be plenty to make you happy...hee hee hee!!!!

 

Post a Comment