Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Holiday Memories




First and foremost... Noah is
absolutely adorable isn't he?



I remember the excitement I had as a little girl getting ready to go to Grandma's for thanksgiving. The cranberry sauce, Grandma's cheeseball... all her hugs and kisses in her adorable apple kitchen that mine now imitates. I remeber all the joy whelming up in me to play with cousins and get teased by uncles. Years went by and we got older. Get-togethers decreased in number until eventually the last few years have just been our immediate family. The excitement still rises in me to set a fancy feast and see a big sister I don't get to see all that often. This year marks something altogether new and different. The feast will be at the newlyweds this year. Food will cover our little table in our little dining room and people will cover our little chair and little futon in our little living room. It'll be so fun.... until the moment they leave. My parents officially move to North Carolina as of Friday. R.Jay and I will skip the black friday rush at Watertown stores to load furniture, boxes, and memories into the van, the car, and a big moving van. The joy of this thanksgiving season and the knowledge of all I am thankful for will have to outweigh the heavy sadness that is trying to take control. I never imagined it would be so tough. I never imagined I'd cry so much, miss so much, regret so much. So before tears begin to fall and the sobbing starts I'll remember that I have a God who is bigger than a few thousand miles between Harrisville, NY and Sanford, North Carolina. My God has chosen this family to do His will and I understand the sacrifice. I'm willing to take it. I love my family. I love my God even more.

I'd hate to end this little post on such sadness. I am very thankful this year for all His wonderful blessings and for my family being happier than ever. I hope you all enjoy your thanksgiving with a great seasonal spread, some more wonderful memories, and lots of laughs with your families and friends. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Heather Dowling at 1:37 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 11:17 PM Blogger Kat said...

They will never be far...they'll always be with you. Besides, now you have a reason to take a North Carolinian vacation every year!! If you need anything let me know.

 
at 7:45 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lady...hope you are feeling okay today. At least you know that they are in NC safely and have a place to live!

Not to be insensitive or anything, but I was wondering if I could have your grandmother's cheese ball recipe. I'd like to make it for the partylite party on thursday.

 
at 9:03 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Hey hun, I miss them too. Today is not so bad for me. I cried a lot Saturday and yesterday. Have you talked with them at all? Let God comfort you today. I LOVE YOU!!!

 
at 10:19 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Sorry, hun, I didn't mean to make you feel bad.

 

Post a Comment