Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My Life Is Not My Own

It's all about you, Jesus
And all this is for You
For Your glory and Your fame
It's not about me
As if you should do things my way
You are God alone
And I surrender to your Will

This song came on the christian radio station on my way home from work. I sobbed. I sobbed hard. My husband took me out for a beautiful dinner and I cried some more. I love him. I love serving the Lord with him.

Needless to say, I woke up this morning with less of me and more of Him. Part of me was ruined yesterday and in the midst of the rubble was Jesus Christ, making me more like Him. On the way to work this morning it was just me, My Jesus, and Chris Rice: The Living Room Sessions.

James Chapter 1 was the verse today. "... the testing of your faith develops perserverence". God is in control and that is all that matters. This life is not my own, it is the Lords. I want more of Him, His guidance, His wisdom.

I surrender all... I surrender all... All to Jesus I surrender... I surrender all

Heather Dowling at 12:00 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 1:32 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so good to hear how God is working in your life. Makes me long for new worship cd's and a long ride in the car by myself!

As for dinner - enchilada casserole. I highly reccomend it.

 
at 1:57 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what is up with the working full time?!
If you ahve time at work call me. We have church tonight. You can fill me in with more detail than is allowed on our blogs!

 
at 8:49 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I love you and I really blessed by how strong you are. You are an inspiration.

 
at 2:42 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was praying for you this morning, just knowing exacty how you feel. Soething will change - either your situation or your heart.
Have an amazing weekend. I can't wait to hear details.

 

Post a Comment