Monday, November 07, 2005

Wrinkles

I believe I have more wrinkles. My laugh lines must be more obvious. I've learned that after 7 straight hours of gut-wrenching laughter, one becomes completely exhausted. Who knew?
After sharing wonderful stories, encouraging words, and learning to knit in 1-minute with some pretty great ladies I'd say my fall get-together was just about perfect. Save for the ache in my face from so much laughter. After our "ladies" time ended and our husbands returned from "WAR" (a.k.a. paintball), the laughs seemed to just increase as the sun went down and the night creeped in. It was a blast.

Cheesecake is wrapped in the refridgerator that we'll be eating for the rest of the week... fancy dishes are washed and put away... pumpkin spice candles have all melted away... and our guest room is now empty. I love company... I hate when they leave.

My family is leaving. The thought crept up on me last night similar to the way this season creeps in. I'm sad. I'm happy. After thanksgiving the home I grew up in will be empty where hopes and dreams were born, where laughter and fights were shared, and where memories were made. The thought is sickening. Then I have to remember He's in control of their lives... not me. This move is because He's calling them somewhere, someplace to bring Him glory and my nastalgic heart doesn't have a say. I'll miss them. I'll miss my home. Will that fade? Will I get used to North Carolina as my family's home? Hmm... maybe someday.

Heather Dowling at 12:36 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 2:03 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Reading your blog makes me want to cry, but at the same time I sit and think and remember all the "blah" memories I have of that house that I am more than willing to let go. I love you, and thank you providing such a wonderful weekend for the both of us.

 
at 2:14 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, sounds like so much fun! I'm really sorry I didn't get to be there, although in hindsight it was a very good decision. (I'm still sitting on my couch surrounded by juice and tissues and cough drops--bummer!)

Hopefully next time!

 
at 4:10 PM Blogger Kat said...

Well, at least you know that they are not in the world....you know they are doing God's will and that is always a comfort. I will be here for you!!!!

 
at 4:10 PM Blogger Kat said...

Well, at least you know that they are not in the world....you know they are doing God's will and that is always a comfort. I will be here for you!!!!

 
at 4:10 PM Blogger Kat said...

Well, at least you know that they are not in the world....you know they are doing God's will and that is always a comfort. I will be here for you!!!!

 
at 4:10 PM Blogger Kat said...

Dude stupid blog made me post the same message three times!!!

 
at 4:56 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I came to your blog and thought - wow 6 comments and not one from me! But there was 4 from Kathy - I think that balances out.

I had so much fun on Saturday. So, when's the next one!?

 

Post a Comment