Tuesday, December 27, 2005

First Christmas

Christmas in a new house. Christmas with a new family. Christmas with a migrane.

I suppose all the emotion and energy I built up in the excitement of having my first Christmas with my husband and the dissapointment of no young siblings or mom's cooking melted into stress which rolled into a migrane Christmas morning. My poor husband. I was off the pillow long enough to open presents with him, but hit it once again afterwards as he played with new "toys". Nonetheless, our first tree was beautiful along with a "first Christmas together" ornament from some friends and hugs and kisses and thank yous from my sweetheart was still absolutely wonderful. So, I managed to dress myself, make-up, hair done, and all and stand in front of the congreation of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship Center along with my husband and some friends and share what Christmas means to me. Fellowship with some of my husband's family we don't see all that often and lots of kisses and hugs for my 7 mo. old niece filled our afternoon. This little girl will only know her aunt as the one with the video camera for an eye. Poor child.

Evening brought my big sister and her husband with laughs and good food and one crazy game of monopoly.

My heart was light and my worship strong Christmas day. One year older and hopefully a bit wiser, the meaning of Christmas makes me sing more and more. Thank you my Jesus.

I love Lake Placid. The Dowlings and DePuys huddled in our little car and drove our way to the fun adirondack town yesterday. Crisp mountain air, good food, and lets not forget the GAP and BASS outlets!!! Lots of great fun.

Now its time to clean house, prepare for another busy weekend, and quiet my spirit before the Lord in preparation for so much to come. He is so good to me- even when I'm not realizing it.

Heather Dowling at 12:10 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 3:13 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I miss you and Love you a lot!

 
at 3:25 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

:-) I posted sorry it took me so long....

 
at 10:38 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Hi beautiful sister, I have thought of a bunch of things to talk about :-)

Ok......

#1 I left my face wash in your shower. So I was wondering if you could bring it friday

#2 Is there anyway that we can take the smallest cooler possible or two if you need a bigger one for the turkey, so that we can put one in the back in the middle of the floor to put the laptop on to watch movies.

#3 I wanted to make sure you would have time to make sandwiches. I don't want to burn you out. I am going to the store tonight to get granola bars, slim jims, beef jerky, and trail mix.
:-)

So whatcha thinkin :-)

 
at 12:31 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Oh yes I forgot, you may want to delete my comment. :-)

 
at 12:47 PM Blogger Kat said...

Hope you had fun in Placid, I didn't realize you were still going:( Poop....

 
at 4:52 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I'll call you tomorrow. I kept meaning to do it today but work work work..... love you :-)

 
at 11:57 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you looking for a new template? I found mine at www.anti-ivy.com but changed the graphic at the top, the font colors and the side bar around.

I think anti-ivy probably has the best free templates I've found, but you have to know how to mess with the HTML to make them your own. Let me know if you see anything you like - templates or graphics. Now that I've figured out how to move around the general template I have, we can creat a lot of different looks.

 

Post a Comment