Tuesday, December 20, 2005

What Matters Most

I often pick my husband's brain for answers to my questions. My car rides into work usually consist of an hour of questions to the Lord. I ponder all the silliest things you can imagine.

This morning was different. I wasn't thinking. I was rejoicing. A tune we here every year.. "Joy to the world..." stopped my ever questioning heart.

Though I'll never have some answers until I meet Him face to face... it is a complete joy knowing Christ came from his holy throne to this dirty earth for me. It doensn't matter the hows or whys right now. He came for me. And that is what matters most.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't demonstrate enough just how much I love Christmas. Aside from beautiful lights and decorations, cookies and music, and parties and memories... the time to stop and thank and celebrate our King of kings for just what He did that day and each day to follow is just plain fun!

Christmas parties are usually my favorite. Celebrating with those you grow with and love with yummy food and pretty decorations is so great. Tonight marks another party and friday will be my first Christmas party in our little home! Great fun!

This week will be a challenge. With working full-time, finding time to clean house and cook and decorate and plan ministry events... we're having quite an adventure! Every season is different and we're taking this one as it comes... but it's just that... a season. And we all know what matters most!

Heather Dowling at 12:41 PM

15comments

15 Comments

at 4:14 PM Blogger Kat said...

Why do I make you laugh?? Am I that goofy looking?? Hee hee hee...

 
at 9:10 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Hey how come I wasn't invited to this party!!!! ;-)

 
at 2:12 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Oh I'm sorry I forgot to call you last night.... sorry

here it is...(I don't have your e-mail address)

Melt fully in pan 1 stick of butter. After that is melted add a big jar of peanut butter and mix it with butter until both are melted and mixed together. Then, begin added in the confetioner's sugar (stiring constantly) until mixture become crumbly and really really stiff. Not the playdough stage(that is too soft) but a very stiff stage. Then roll into balls.
For the coating....
Melt a 1/4 bar of parafin (found in the grocery store near probably the isle with the jars for canning things(cleaning isle) something like that). Make sure parafin wax is fully melted and then add a whole bag of chocolate chips (any kind you want) make sure both are melted and mixed well, then started dipping PB ball into chocolate mixture, cool and eat a lot of them and one time!!! :-)

call if you have any questions...

 
at 4:04 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx. You do the same:)

 
at 4:20 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Your welcome!!! :-)

 
at 8:54 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what time do you want to meet tonight? I will bring the recipe with e tonight if I forget to post it today. You can also go to allrecipes.com and search for hot artichoke spinach dip. That's where I got mine.

 
at 9:34 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in no rush - I was ust assuming you wanted the for Christmas. There was an order of tealights that is on backorder, but I can alway mail that to you when it comes in.

oh and heres a link to the recipe:
http://appetizer.allrecipes.com/az/HotArtichokeSpinachDip.asp

 
at 2:29 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I get back to you in an hour or so? I'm not feeling great this afternoon. Hopefully it passes and I will be fine later.
and, no Josh will probably stay home with the girls since it would be so late and I wouldn't be hanging around very long. Sorry this is turning out to be so difficult.
I will comment again in a little while and let you know.

 
at 3:36 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, I'll meet you around 6:45 in Goveneur. I don't know where the coffe shop is, so how about we just meet in the McDonald's parking lot? I don't want to look for something unfamiliar in the dark.
Just comment back, so I know you got this and we are on the same page. See you later!

 
at 3:44 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be great if we could wait until next week. Then maybe the backordered tealights will be here as well.

No, I'm not pregnant... I just think all the Italian food is catching up with me, if ya know what I mean - ugh.

So you need any other recipes for your party tomorrow night? For my punch this year, I added frozen pineapple chunks and strawberries with the sherbert to help keep it cold - it was fantastic. You should try it.

 
at 8:53 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

We are probably coming between 7 and 8. I'm not sure about Lake Placid yet. Wednesday we registered our new van and the next day it had problems and we might need a new alternator. So Joe is meeting with a guy today to see how much it is going to cost
:-(
So we are waiting to hear how much it will be and then make a decision from there.
Sorry

 
at 10:01 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's on your menu?

 
at 11:15 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Yeah we'll let you know. We had to use mom and dad Christmas money to register the van...

 
at 12:28 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Joe told me that we should be able to go without a problem to Lake Placid. So.... :-)

 
at 11:30 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry christmas!! Thanks for the present! Love yah a bunches! Wish I could see you.....

 

Post a Comment