Friday, January 20, 2006

"a frustrated missionary to the body of Christ"

The title of the post is quoted from a prophesy I received in September and is still pouring over me, especially today.

I am in love. He supplies my every physical, spiritual, and emotional need. He holds me. He cares for me. He is more in love with me than I will ever be able to fathom. I love him not for what He gives me, but simply because of who He is. I love him because He rescued me from an eternity of pain and anguish. I love what He has given. A beautiful sunset, a frosted mountain, a smile. He has given me the ability to stand strong in the midst of grief, pain, and chaos. He builds me up. He makes me feel pretty. He makes me feel worth it. He makes me brave enough to tell others how to find this perfect love. I'm so in love. So very in love with Jesus Christ.

He has renewed my mind and made me realize in this last year just how precious His love is. Along with this I have fallen madly in love with him all over again and realize how pertinent being "in-love" with him just really is. His laws are perfect and I'm realizing how much I love them more and more each day. He knows what is best for me and I am honored that He has given me boundaries in order to protect me and aid me as I press on towards my goal…being with Him in holiness.

How could I not have joy when I'm so in love? It just isn't possible. Although, along with this joy comes frustration. A frustration as to why others aren't madly in love with Jesus Christ. Why aren't we allowing his laws to be engraved onto our hearts? Why aren't we standing out in a filthy world as salt and light? Why aren't we surrendering our lives to the God who so fearfully and wonderfully created us? It's all just quite a bit discouraging to see those we care for drag themselves through this life all the while Christ is offering to carry us. It's amazing how human I am in needing to see Christ worked out in others around me and not just in my tiny household. But this is the very reason God thought up the body of Christ. He's so intelligent. I'm not on top a soapbox of perfection. I'm a sinful by nature woman in a sinful by nature world grasping onto a holy God with all that is in me.

Jesus, keep me focused on you. Jesus, be the center. Jesus, carry me so others will see it is you and not me. I love you. Set our hearts on fire...


With my frustrations now vented...

I'm tentatively scheduling another ladies meeting like I had in the fall. I would love to hear some input on how March 4th would work for any ladies that would like to attend. Thanks!

Heather Dowling at 3:45 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 2:14 PM Blogger Kat said...

Your love for Christ shows and is a great example to others!!! Keep it up!!! I love you for who you are, you are a great friend!!!

 
at 12:03 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN..... and did I say AMEN. I love you very much. :-) March 4th works great for me so far. How was your weekend?

again...

I LOVE YOU

 

Post a Comment