Tuesday, February 28, 2006

our life these days

My husband is home and safe. He's sick with a chest cold and has been very exhausted lately, but who can blame in. He works hard at work, and at home, and at church.

Last friday I officially put my notice in at my place of employment. Being more available for my husband, for my church, and ultimately for the Lord is so much more important than the extra money we've been plugging into savings. This is such a big relief for us, as many of you know. Time will tell on my official "last day" though.

My husband and I took a Home Buyer Education Course last saturday. Has anyone done this? I highly recommend it but be prepared to be overwhelmed. We spent 7 hours in a small classroom with other couples with information thrown at us from all directions. It was very helpful, but very overbearing. Thank goodness for the big binder we got to take home and re-read. Now we've got our pretty certificate and a better sense of what we would be getting ourselves into in purchasing a home. Not to mention a good deal on an interest rate since we've taken the course.

As many of you know, R.Jay and I are still trying for our first baby. We ask for your prayers for the obvious... a baby... but still even more important for us to not grow bitter, depressed, or blameful on why there is no pregnancy yet. God is in control, we know this, and we have joy and content in that.

I'm still planning a ladies get-together at my house this spring. The dates I've come up with so far are March 25th or April 22nd. Any ideas?

Heather Dowling at 8:34 AM

10comments

10 Comments

at 9:21 AM Blogger Kat said...

It takes a lot to not grow bitter and depressed, trust me on that one, but you get through it and move on day after day. This too shall pass;)

 
at 10:37 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Ok, so I might have some bad news. I have a conference that I have to go to the weekend of the casting crowns concert, and I may or maynot be done in time to go. But I will find out. I miss you tons!
I have IM that I go one every once and a while.
So what is up with life lately little sista?
I understand your frustration with the whole baby thing.... it's been almost 3 years and no baby. The doctor might give me a hormone shot... we'll see.... love you tons!!! :-)

 
at 1:05 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Sorry I tried the yahoo thing and it is not working very well. I will check with the concert. and March 25th is out for me but April 22nd looks really good :-)
Love you tons

 
at 3:11 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Question: what kind of things has your church done as a group, or young adults done as a group? party themes or anything like that?

 
at 7:45 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I did have fun. Oh my gosh, when I was there I swear I seen you and R.Jay at the very front. It looked just like you guys! I was determined it was you! I thought you guys were suprising us or something and there was no way I could get down there to see if it was you so I was like freaking out but then I realized it really wasn't you.....:(

 
at 9:30 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Sorry I have youth group on Friday.. :-(

 
at 9:56 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's your e-mail address?

 
at 11:30 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

You know, YOU can come visit me sometime too!!! :-) It's hard for us right now cause we don't have a lot of money for gas and we are already traveling to a lot of churches. I'll pencil in April 22nd :-)

 
at 12:59 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

OH thanks rub it in...... :-)

 
at 1:43 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Sorry, I wouldn't be able to do it at work anyhow. Not allowed.

 

Post a Comment