Monday, February 20, 2006

Update #1

Relief. So far.

I heard from R.Jay again this afternoon. Among the frantic of getting a mine rescue team ready for this mine fire, some important information was skewed. The mine they are going to is not near Pennyslvania, it is near Ithaca, NY. It is called Cargyle (or something to the sort of that spelling). There are no men trapped, praise the Lord. The mine fire is still raging. According to MSHA (which probably sounds familiar to those who've watched the latest mine tragedies lately) there has to be at least 3 mine rescue teams on site before an attempt to put out the fire is made.

My honey gets to come home tonight. He has to report to Gouverneur Talc at 4:00am sharp to depart for this Cargyle mine. His team is still to report at 7:00am tomorrow morning at that mine and will be an emergency standby team. If something goes wrong, they go in.

So good news, but we're still not out of the danger zone. Mine fires can be nasty, to those in the mine and those putting out the fire. Please keep praying. Thank you for all you've done so far.

Louissa and Jackie have made me too a "follower"... be kind.

Heather Dowling at 2:15 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 10:26 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did your chart-thingy... this is really intersting to me.

I'm praying for you my friend. let me know if you need absolutely anything. even prissy southern belle gloves

;-)

 
at 10:10 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Hey Lady,

I'm glad everything is working out so far. Keep me updated. Are you at work today? We are praying. I Love You

 
at 11:03 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Oh yeah I meant to ask you, what is this not working anymore thing? ;-)

 
at 11:31 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Awesome. So what brought about this decision to quit? I am hoping that I will be able to quite here asap but no more than the beginning of June :-)

 

Post a Comment