Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Update #2

Thank you all for your fervent prayers!

My husband left our home this morning at 3:30am with his bundle of goodies: granola bars, homemade brownies, and homemade banana bread. (Yes, I wanted to make sure he had some homemade goodies for his trip - i'm corny).

The last I heard from him was shortly after 9:00am. He said he was in the second team to go underground and they would be going under in about an hour. Apparently, there is a "loader" which is on fire still and they are attempting to put this fire out as well as clean up the mine in order for workers to return to keep digging up salt. Please pray for my husband and the other workers protection as well as some opportunities for R.Jay to share the gospel! Please pray for good traveling conditions for their return home. He told me the drive in this early morning wasn't so fun at all... lots of snow.

Thank you all again. I have some pretty wonderful friends! I'll keep you all posted.

Heather Dowling at 12:15 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 1:40 PM Blogger Kat said...

What's a granola bard....sorry couldn't resist!!! Still praying....

 
at 2:29 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

YEAY for the Lord, He is so good to us! I have been in prayer all day. I am so excited for you that you can quit and have life slow just a tad bit. When I quit maybe we can spend more time together!! We could have like a weekly/bi-weekly sister date!! Love you tons!

 
at 2:50 PM Blogger Kat said...

I don't like to see you flawed...I was just kidding!!

 
at 4:14 PM Blogger Kat said...

Heck yes I did, I know for a fact she lives though, so something has to happen with that motorcade.

 
at 9:36 AM Blogger Kat said...

Thanks for being such a wonderful friend...no you didn't upset me...it's all around me, it wasn't you talking about it that made me feel down. It's a struggle all the time, it's just most of the time I can hide it well!! I still have faith, I am just at a low moment right now. Thanks for being my friend!!!

 

Post a Comment