Tuesday, March 28, 2006

outlook

I've been a bit emotional, haven't I? Therefore, for your sake and for my sake, this will be a update on the Dowling life.

It's Tuesday already, almost halfway through the work week and I haven't even mentioned what a wonderful weekend we had.
Friday night brought our young men and women from Generation group (youth group) to our house with questions and comments and a good time of fellowship. (Along with my not so homemade cookies!)
Saturday R.Jay and I enjoyed a nice breakfast together (something very rare for times sake) and we spent a wonderful afternoon and evening at some good friends house being encouraged, strengthened, and refreshed. (And fed with some incredible bbq from - may I dare say the grill master). And let us not forget entertained... with Alyssa's funky dance beats and Lael's eagerness to grow up so she can "stay up late, wear make-up, and wear jewlery."
Sunday brought church with people we love and a restful afternoon as husband and wife. Hiking to Green Pond and sharing in the warmth of spring and fresh new sunsets. That evening a great friend dyed my hair. I am now officially a brunette. No more airheaded blonde jokes.

This week will be busy, as it's already been proved. Last night we sat with the best at our leader's dinner and God encouraged us all that the work we toil at is unto Him, and only Him. That as I grow frustrated at my surroundings and lack of personal or others growth is only because I have not counted my diligence to teach, to grow, and to learn as a priviledge from God. How silly I am to forget such a simple concept! How reminded I am that I need reminding, constantly.
The remainder of this will be hectic, but I will remain strong. Friday is my last day of working my full-time secular job. What peace!
Friday afternoon I'll inherit four children for the weekend ages 1-10. That night we'll cozy into my in-laws home with our Generation friends for burritos and homemade salsa! Saturday brings the ladies luncheon, which reminds me I haven't bought the groceries for the dish I'm preparing! Sunday brings R.Jay and I and four little kiddos to church and then to Watertown in the afternoon. Practice makes perfect! Why not get out parenting skills into shape?

Monday brings rest. Home. Thank you Jesus.

Now you all know what our life entails for now. Have a great day!

Heather Dowling at 12:13 PM

10comments

10 Comments

at 4:44 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are officially the busiest person I know. I was going to ask what you were doing this weekend... guess not!

three days and counting until you are free!

 
at 4:53 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Do you still want to go to the Casting Crowns concert. The tickets for regular seats are $21. There are still more left.

 
at 10:41 AM Blogger Kat said...

I feel for you this weekend with my nephews and nieces...hee hee hee hee!!!! Now you'll get a taste of the last year of my life!!! Just kidding. They are the joy of my life...other than God and husband obviously...but they are little treasures!!! Tristan and Kendal not so little anymore!!!

 
at 10:49 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

No, There are also seat for artist circle. Which is right up front for about $35 a piece. We probably would only be able to come that day.

 
at 2:11 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I meant no about the tickets, there are others besides the $21 ones.

 
at 4:49 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Well Friday night we have a youth event. So we can't do friday. But maybe sat night I don't know I will have to talk to Joe

 
at 6:36 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... it seems like forever since we chatted last - even though its only been a few days! My house has calmed a bit since our exciting surprise (see my blog).

When are you guys free again? What's the work situation? I might be on yahoo tonight, so if you're on, sign in and we can catch up.

 
at 10:39 AM Blogger Kat said...

The Lovely Heather is Now Lovelier!!

 
at 12:39 PM Blogger Kat said...

ROFL!!!! NEEDS???? NEEDS??? Thanks I NEEDed a good laugh, hee hee hee!!!!

 
at 10:16 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check your email!

 

Post a Comment