Monday, March 13, 2006

Rain

I see the lifeless dust now resurrected, swirling up against my window pane
And carried across the distance comes the long awaited fragrances of earth and rain
And out across the amber field the slender grasses bend and bow and kiss the ground
And in them I see the beauty of the souls who let the Spirit lay them down
And it takes my breath away
And a tear comes to my eye
It feels like something is on the way, so I look up to the sky and...

From the corners of creation
Comes the Fathers holy breath
Riding on a storm with tender fierceness
Stirring my soul to holiness


Warmer weather. Rain and Thunder. Summer storms. I can hardly wait.

*My position at Neighbors of Watertown is now filled. She started today and soon I will be home busy with home and church things. Very nice.

*A wonderful friend from work let me go through bags and boxes of baby girl/boy clothes. Now I'm leaving with a grocery bag full of clothes and booties for a sweet little one. Why not be prepared!?

*My headaches seemed to be getting worse, and this isn't fun at all. I've had one for two days non-stop now. No amount of medicine seems to be helping. Please pray.

*Church was wonderful yesterday. Pastor is speaking out of Joshua with power. Great word, great story, great God.

*I was able to visit with R.Jay's siter, Jennifer, and our niece, Riley, on saturday afternoon. Could any 10-month old possibly be cuter than my niece. I may be biased, but she's absolutely an angel. Blond hair and blue eyes. She was lots of fun but left her aunt with bite marks by the end of the evening. Who can blame such a face? I'd bite if objects were protruding from my gums as well. I do believe though, that such a pretty girl, deserves some cousins by now. Don't you?

*I truly believe CCFC is on the edge of something amazing. I believe our loving Saviour has not passed us by. I believe He is about to pour into our area like He did so long ago. So let it rain, Lord. Let it rain.

Well I suppose those are the tidbits of Dowling world I'll leave you with this afternoon.

Heather Dowling at 10:48 AM

7comments

7 Comments

at 3:01 PM Blogger Kat said...

I am glad your posistion got filled, now when I am not working we can spend some time together!!! It is good to get prepared too;)

 
at 3:10 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

So I see that you are alive....?!?!You are a very baby focused woman. Have you gone to the doctor yet to see what is going on? :-)

 
at 7:39 PM Blogger Angie said...

H~
I'm so happy that you're finally getting to be home with your husband and spend more time doing the things you truly enjoy! I know you will be greatly missed at NOW, you were such a wonderful addition to that office!
And have I missed something about the baby situation???? hmmm??? Do tell!!! :)
Love ya!!!

 
at 8:38 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is that quote a the beginning of your post from?

 
at 8:45 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I wanted to call you yesterday but I didn't have time sorry, So what is up with life? Do you miss me terribly, cause I know you do :-)

 
at 5:55 PM Blogger Kat said...

I am loving the new layout, a nice fresh look!!!

 
at 8:56 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I like your next layout, very nice! :-) Oh I am so sorry that I haven't gotten back to you about the concert. I totally forgot about it!!! I have been so crazy busy. I don't remember if it was Friday or Saturday, but I am in the seminar until 5pm each day.... love you tons... muah

 

Post a Comment