Tuesday, May 30, 2006

fun in 4 days

Some favorites from an extended weekend:

-garage sales with my mother-in-law that included great finds of cute red slip-ons and never-worn baby GAP clothes, not to mention lots of fun time spent with a great lady

-dinner with a sister-in-law and a tour of her new house (as of July 15th!)

-time well spent with my big sister and cousins, who are rarely seen, at a lovely bridal shower

-surprising another sister-in-law with company, presents, and food for her birthday

-hugging, kissing, and squeezing my 12mo. old niece and having her recognize her "aunt heather"

- a date with my husband to a drive-in movie

- a hike in cranberry lake with my favorite person (my husband)

-bbq-ing with friends

-hearing Lael tell R.Jay and I what memorial day is

-riding on the back of husband's motorcycle to said bbq - fun, but aching later

-driving past cementarys filled with flags, flowers, and people and being thankful for what has liberated me to do all the above

Heather Dowling at 9:38 AM

4comments

4 Comments

at 6:45 PM Blogger Kat said...

Sounds fun...sorry about not having a date for dinner yet, I am not feeling too hot....maybe we can figure something out tommorow at our first cell meeting!!

 
at 10:32 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a completely lovely weekend.

 
at 7:06 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids have adjusted fairly well to the motorcycles... Jackson has the advantage of sleeping to the sound of them his whole life. :) But it is still irritating--especially since the speed limit is supposedly 30mph, and I know they drive faster than that!

As far as free days go, I'll be here all day Fri and Sat while Daniel works on our driveway project (in other words: I could use company!). Next week, I don't have much slated so far other than my usual errands on Tuesday, followed by dinner at my family's that eve. If there's a day that works well for you, I can keep it available.

It would be great to see you!

 
at 9:17 AM Blogger Angie said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! :) We mostly stayed at home and enjoyed our little family! I'm SO thankful my husband was home this Memorial day and not deployed again!
Miss you!

 

Post a Comment