Monday, May 01, 2006

I'll copy an idea from two other friends. I enjoy the fun and interesting ways we inform others of the wonderful tid bits of our lives. The tid bits that would, in normal banter, probably never be shared. I'm glad we share such things here. Here it goes...

1... year of marriage and going strong

2... bridal showers that I'm attending (just this month)

3... days last week my husband worked over-over time. I miss him.

4... seats at our dining room table. I wish the other two were occupied much more often. That's an invitation to any!

5... times have I ever actually bought eggs in a grocery store since being married. R.Jay's father buys them in bulk, at a fantastic price, and hands them out to friends and family on a weekly basis. Nice.

6... months since my family moved from New York to North Carolina. Strange.

7... rooms make up this little house. "Love grows best in little houses".

8... days into August will be my 22nd birthday. Chris Rice is in Darien Lake that very same day. I really want to be there.

9... PM will bring my favorite television show, 24.

10... times already this morning I have wondered why I am not pregnant. I think I need to gain some control over that.

Heather Dowling at 11:05 AM

4comments

4 Comments

at 12:42 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I really like your background. I wish mine looked that nice :-) Yes, I agree with your 10th point! God is in control. I love you!!!!

 
at 4:51 PM Blogger Kat said...

Number 9 yes....go Jack Bauer!!!

 
at 11:27 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, this is Amanda (sightilly on AIM).

Ian said you want to talk about adoption? You can email me anytime. amandasumner@gmail.com

I understand how it hurts to not be pregnant. We tried for a year to have a 2nd baby and did finally get pregnant, but lost it. I had 2 miscarriages and 2 chemical pregnancies (very early loss) last year. We have a lot of questions that will never be answered. I never thought I'd get over it, but God healed my heart. Now we're doing the foster/adopt route. I had wanted to adopt a baby girl from China, but you have to be 30 to adopt from there. Private adoption was to pricey for us (we almost went that route - we had a birthmom lined up). Fostering is great. I love our foster kids and wish we could keep them forever! I know we'll get our forever children soon and until then I'm having fun taking care of a big family. (unless I'm sick LOL)

 
at 2:13 PM Blogger Angie said...

Heather, my sweet friend, God will grant your wish of a child one day. Please remain patient. I know it's hard, but continue to pray. He will bless you & R.Jay when He feels the time is right.
Remember the story I told you at N.O.W. about my life b4 Darren & Madison. It was a long, hard road, but God pulled me through. I understand now why I had to wait so long and one day you will too.
You are such a beautiful person and will make a terrific mommy!! :)
Love ya!

 

Post a Comment