Thursday, June 22, 2006

my bad days made good

I've been thinking a lot about what my sister posted last. This idea that people can truly see Jesus Christ in me, or at least this is my goal. In what I say, do, and what I surround myself with. I keep asking myself if I truly portray Christ even on my bad days.

I remember sitting with a friend discussing this very concept a couple years ago. She had just gone through her second emotionally painful miscarriage and her response to such sadness surprised me. She spoke of how weeks later, after being approached by several people, she began to realize just how much the Lord used her during one of the most painful times in her life. She was amazed, and thankful that God, who works all things together for the good of those who love Him, had used this time to stretch her, grow her, and ultimately still use her for His glory. She was honored.

So, again, I ask myself if I truly count it an honor to show others the love of Christ through my own life. Not just on my days where I feel blessed or things go my way, but am I still showing His character in my "rough" seasons or on my "bad" days. I hope so.

Over time you've healed so much in me
And I am living proof
That although my darkest hour come
Your light could still shine through
And at times it is just enough to cast
A shadow on the wall
I am grateful that you shine
Your light on me at all


You are God alone
From before time began
You are on Your throne
You are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on your throne
You are God alone

Heather Dowling at 8:19 AM

3comments

3 Comments

at 9:45 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry, my dear, you shine brightly in every season.

 
at 10:50 AM Blogger Kat said...

I agree with Jackie, even when things are upsetting for you, you still have a great attitude, and you've always been a great encouragement!!! It's one of the reasons you're one of my best buds!!!

 
at 6:28 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I LOVE YOU :-)

 

Post a Comment