Friday, June 09, 2006

Naive?

Last night we celebrated not just a birthday, but a very special woman. Happy Birthday Tracey. Amidst the laughter and messes, cake and kids, Christ joined us and was glorified in a beautiful testimony.

Today we talked. Fears, questions, encouragment, and trust. Christ joined us and was glorified in an earnest heart's desire to please Him.

So I'm listening to Chris Rice again. Which means I'm thinking again. Which of course means I'll post some meaningful lyrics. But just before I type out the lyrics to not only hopefully cause others to think but to cause me to, I have to ask myself... are those moments when Christ joins in on me and my happy, yet aching, circle of friends really enough? Or can I believe that their (and my) circumstances are truly in bigger hands and not in mere glimpses of relief? Or...

Am I naive to want a remedy for every bitter heart
Can I believe you old an exclamation point for every question mark
Can I leave the timing of this universe in bigger hands
And may I be so bold to ask you - please hurry?....

Heather Dowling at 1:38 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 3:44 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff my dear. I've never heard Chris Rice but I like the "please hurry." cute, relevant and heart-felt. Maybe I could borrow a cd sometime?

 
at 5:54 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

got your message and left you one. I will try and be one tonight, but I think you'll be out - so that doesn't work! Call me if you have any confusion about my message. I'll be home until about 10am tomorrow, then gone until around 4. so i will talk to you soon. :-)

 
at 11:36 PM Blogger Kat said...

I think you spent more time with my sister on her bday than I did, as a matter of fact, you did I didn't see her!!! I hope she had fun!!

 
at 10:12 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your a sweet cookie Heather, I love ya! Tracey

 

Post a Comment