Monday, June 19, 2006

warm vs. cold

Most people around March and April start telling others of all their summer plans and how much they cannot wait to bask in the July sun while sipping on lemonade, watching parades, and rolling around in the grass with their kids or pets. Not I.

While I enjoy lemonade, children's faces lit up at parades, and lying in the grass... these aren't the first thoughts of summer in my mind. Usually it's more along the lines of me being too hot, too cranky, and too uncomfortable. I'm just not a summer person. Call me crazy, but perhaps this is why I live in the north country. I only have to endure two months of swealtering.

Now, don't misunderstand. I enjoy the liberty to be outside without bundling up or coming home damp and cold. I enjoy camping underneath a canopy of stars. I enjoy garage sales and summer picnics. I'm not a total summer scrooge.

Although days like yesterday and days like today I'm quite content to sit in an airconditioned home until more comfortable days of 75 degree weather.

I'm already anticipating the "are you crazy!?" comments from you all...

But it is true... I already miss my warm socks, big sweaters, and hot cup of tea on a cool autumn evening.

Heather Dowling at 9:37 AM

5comments

5 Comments

at 10:34 AM Blogger Kat said...

I love summer, but I know what you mean about sitting and drinking a hot cup of tea on a fall afternoon...heaven!!! I hate being too hot too. I like that the sun is shining though, that makes me happy!!

 
at 11:11 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you--really. And so is Gabriel who, upon playing outside the first hot day this summer, said, "I like winter, Mom. I want to go sledding."

Believe it or not, it was hotter here yesterday than it was in Pgh, so moving up north didn't necessarily help us out. :)

Oh--and we don't have AC. But we have a tremendous breeze that whips through the big windows of our house from the golf course!

 
at 8:34 PM Blogger Angie said...

I know what you mean (don't let my husband hear me say that! LOL). The South is nice and all, but dang it's hot down here! I really, really miss NY!! I never thought I'd say that, but I do.
Maybe it's all the wonderful people I met while we were there. I miss them, too :(
H~ my prayers are always w/ you & R.Jay! :)

 
at 11:48 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

No... "are you crazy(s)" from here.... this is my sister whom I love so much. You are unique and it is awesome..... I'm totally down with the tea thing (spiced cider) mmmmm.

I LOVE YOU!!! :-)

 
at 10:34 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Yeah there is a daily bread site that I try to read everyday, and when it is really awesome I post it. :-)

 

Post a Comment