Friday, July 28, 2006

summer blues and baby news

Our schedule has been swamped lately. The "one thing right after another" summer schedule is reminding me of just one of the great reasons I love colder weather... the slow down. Not to mention how much I have been aching for my sweaters and warm socks, hot cocoa, and thanksgiving and christmas yummy food and feelings. Patience.

For updates sake, we had our very first OB appointment on Tuesday afternoon. The doctor said things look wonderful and was able to pick up the little one's heartbeat long enough to tell us it is very normal. To calm my "this is my first baby" fears after we ourselves were unable to hear it, he ordered an ultrasound early... this coming thursday, in fact. I was very grateful. At dinner that night, R.Jay and I rehashed the excitment of being first-time parents. The first appointment added to the reality that God has blessed us, and it is really us this time marveling in the fact that a little child of God is growing inside of me. The thought is absolutely sureal... still.

Forgive me for this boring post and forgive me if I don't post again right away. Our schedule is just shy away from making one insane. Last night talking with R.Jay he reminded me that I don't have to take things month by month or year by year, but to deal with the here and now. How simple! Thank goodness for a husband who is a good reminder of God's patience and love for me!

Heather Dowling at 1:10 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 3:32 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had an appointment any sooner than 12 weeks so I've never dealt with the fears after not hearing a heartbeat, but I can appreciate the unnerving "first stage" of pregnancy. One of my friends often said she wished she "showed" sooner just so she'd have the assurance that she was indeed pregnant!!!!

Daniel and I have been talking a lot about simplicity. We both have a hard time prioritizing; and the result is that we say "yes" to things far too easily. Yes, take one day at a time. And pray that He would make clear what it is that He is and isn't asking of you.

 
at 4:16 PM Blogger Angie said...

Sweet Heather...one day at a time. Don't do anything to make yourself more crazy than you will become in a few months. ;) Remember my "pregnant brain"???

I have a prayer request..if you don't mind. A good friend of mine from NY passed away last night leaving behind a 3 yr old daughter and husband deployed to Afghanastan. I know he will need all the prayers & support he can get. Thanks!

 
at 7:42 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi friend. Can't wait to chat with you next week. Maybe we can plan something fun if your schedule allows?

And I wholeheartedly agree with Brietta - pray that God would show you what you really should be taking on and what is not necessary for this stage in your life. You are seriously blessed to be able to stay home throughout your entire pregnancy! Don't forget about your own preparation and focus for this stage of your life - resting up so that little baby Dowling can grow!

 
at 10:16 AM Blogger Kat said...

Did you hear the heartbeat?? It's one of the most wonderful sounds isn't it?? I am glad you are starting to get to enjoy all those things, I love technology!!!!

 
at 10:13 AM Blogger Keila said...

How exciting!!! Isn't it amazing?? And wait until you can see your little one "fluttering" around in your belly (on the ultrasound, for now)... Isn't God awesome?

 

Post a Comment