Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The chill in the air today couldn't have come at a better time. Doors and windows are open here and fresh, cool air is blowing in... almost calming.

I turn 22 today. And I feel older than I thought I would a week ago.

Last night my husband gave me an early birthday present. An under-the-cabinet CD player for my kitchen. I've wanted one since we've lived here, since a good portion of each of my days is spent in the kitchen. It was hooked up within minutes and music poured through our little kitchen as R.Jay made me a chocolate cake with homemade vanilla frosting. Singing and giggling in the kitchen last night made me realize just how blessed I truly am. Even the very fact that the dreaded phone call we were expecting from my doctor last night, giving us results, never came. I didn't want our smiles to end last night and God knew. He always knows.

His grace has never meant more. Sometimes I wonder why I feel so hopeful, so blessed, so much more joy than I did three days ago. But it's simple really... its Christ in me. His power and His strength in my very being. The joy of the Lord is truly my strength.

Psalm 121 "I lift my eyes to the hill- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm- he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A big thank you to all who have been praying and I ask that you continue... prayer works. Also, thank you to Jackie who gave me some great birthday presents. I'm more blessed than I know sometimes.

Heather Dowling at 9:55 AM

4comments

4 Comments

at 10:24 AM Blogger Biddie said...

I hope and pray that the news is good. Happy birthday.

 
at 11:15 AM Blogger Kat said...

Still praying, I hope your birthday will be good, and also in regard to your comment on my blog...You're still showing grace and character...even if it is through the strength of God...believe me, it speaks volumes!!!

 
at 3:01 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be more thrilled with the under-the-cabinet cd player than a stinky old cookbook! So glad that your wonderful hubby spoils you - you've earned it!

 
at 10:05 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still praying for you. If you need to talk to someone, you can always call: 315 276 0380.

Yay for good birthdays and even better husbands. :)

 

Post a Comment