Saturday, August 19, 2006

couch-therapy

I'm home. Where it smells like clean laundry, scented candles, and autumn today. Where I can rest in the knowledge that I'm a child of God with a safe, warm, home.

Yesterday afternooon began a hellish ordeal which led us to the Emergency Room, which led me to surgery, which led me to an uncomfortable bed in a hospital until mid-morning today.

Which leads me to gratefulness. Grateful that I am His beloved and He is mine. Grateful that I'm here... able to post this message. Grateful for a husband's sweet kisses, and a big sisters trek to our sleepy town to cook me lasanga and take care of me. Grateful for all Christ's many blessings, and more to come. Because I still believe.

Scattered words and empty thoughts
Seem to pour from my heart
I've never felt so torn before
Seems i dont know where to start
But its now i feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain

I still believe in your faithfulness
I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word
Even when I dont see
I still believe

Though the questions still fog up my mind
With promises i still seem to bear
Even when answers slowly unwind
It's my heart I see you prepare
But its now that I feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain

The only place I can go is into your arms
Where I throw to you my feeble prayers
In brokeness I can see that THIS IS YOUR WILL FOR ME
Help me to know you are near

Heather Dowling at 6:42 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 10:42 AM Blogger Kat said...

I am so glad your sister is able to be with you right now, what a blessing. I will be praying for you and when I get back home I will definitely be there for anything you need!!!

 
at 11:04 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Heather I am so glad that I got to come and be with you.... I miss you so much! And guess what!!! I updated my blog :-)

 
at 6:02 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather,
You know you're an inspiration to me. To see you face-to-face with hardships and you just push them aside. I know it may not seem like that... I myself am in a very uncomfortable situation right now but I know God will help me and He is and will continue to help you. Stay strong Heather... I love ya bunches!!

 

Post a Comment