Friday, August 25, 2006

feeling very grown-up...

It may seem awfully silly to some of you, but there are moments it seems I wake up to the ever growing "grown-up" things around me.

*A man, who isn't my father, living with me in this house. (Yes, sometimes it still hits me that I'm a married woman.)
*My entire, wonderful,"career" revolving around caring for said man and said house.
*Going to look at a big white house to possibly become our own.
*Refering to 6 years ago as "back when".
*Hearing of my little sisters beginning to drive. Unbelievable.
*Eating salads, not necessarily by choice, but because my body isn't 16 and shedding pounds by just playing voleyball for fun.
*Holding a garage sale with a friend. That was something I rolled out of bed to help mom with just yesterday, wasn't it?
*Having a date-night to a drive-in movie with my husband. The term date-night used to mean Heather was babysitting three younger siblings.
*Sunday afternoons being a catch up on sleep day. What happened to food with friends after church?
*Realizing I have wrinkles. Okay, they're just laugh lines, but they are there.

I feel like I'm getting old. Does it really happen already? At 22?

Heather Dowling at 2:29 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 4:27 PM Blogger Kat said...

That's when I started feeling it, about that age....it only gets worse from here so I guess we will both have to accept it huh?? LOL!!! Easier said than done!!!

 
at 9:02 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just getting married at 22. You are NOT old, my dear. Go put on your cute Gap jeans and new shoes, let RJay take you out and enjoy being young. :-)

Hope to see you this week. Stop in if you're in town.

 
at 11:01 PM Blogger Keila said...

I hope it didn't start at 22 for I have been trying to convince myself that I am still young at 32!!!

 

Post a Comment