Saturday, August 12, 2006

We snuck away. We packed our bags, tent, food, and gear and headed deep into the woods. And we loved every moment of the quiet, the closeness, and the voice of God. Yesterday afternoon when R.Jay came home from work we grabbed our things and camped, just the two of us, at Streeter Lake. The campfire and smores, the fire pit breakfast, a hike, and reading together by the beach (despite extreme cold tempatures) helped to heal some heartache.
Yesterday was also my ultrasound, and with that came results we've been anticipating. My ultrasound confirmed the blood work taken earlier this week that our baby won't make it to this earth, but instead be with Jesus for eternity... now.

We appreciate all the kindess so many have offered and we are especially grateful for all the prayers. We ask they continue... the struggle doesn't end here.

Sneaking away helped us to realize just how great God is, and how amazing His love for us is. I need more times of "sneaking away" even if that means to a comfy seat in my living room. We are blessed. We are grateful.

As for our "glory baby"... 'you'll just have heaven before we do.'

Heather Dowling at 6:58 PM

11comments

11 Comments

at 10:39 AM Blogger Biddie said...

I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

 
at 10:42 AM Blogger M. Young said...

Hi Heather, I am sorry for your sad news. We have been and will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer. May God's love surround you during this time. Love you. {{{Hugs}}}

 
at 2:07 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm home.

still wanting more pasta. and wanting to make you some lasagna.

i'll talk to you soon

 
at 5:59 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about Saturday? I'll make dinner, you bring dessert.

plan?

 
at 7:51 PM Blogger M. Young said...

Heather, I know at one point you were talking about moving... I was wondering if you did move or if your address is still the same.

 
at 9:23 PM Blogger Kat said...

You will meet again in Heaven:)

 
at 10:13 PM Blogger Keila said...

We pray you find His comfort and peace in the midst of the heartache. We are still praying for you...

 
at 11:26 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I fixed the problem.

Any time you guys are free, just let us know. Even a week night is fine. We really miss you guys and I have some very cool free things to share with you.

:-)

 
at 10:20 PM Blogger Lore Ferguson said...

I love you.

 
at 10:46 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so hard, and I am heartbroken for you. You're in my prayers.

 
at 4:21 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Heather... I haven't written anything not because I don't care but because I really do. I didn't want to say something just for the sake of saying something but for building and strengthing you and R Jay. I'm not married, I don't know what kind of joy and thrill you get when you are told that you will soon have a little one but I do know heartache and the feeling to loose someone you love and I don't want to belittle your pain because it's not a little thing but I want to encourage you in knowing that there are so many people that love you and I know I speak for everyone but especially for myself when I say that if you EVER want to just talk or just have someone to just listen you KNOW you have me. That may not be too much of a comfort because I'm only 18/19 years old but I've been told that I'm a great listener. So... I love you Heather and I wanted you to know that. =) I love you guys soo... much. I'm praying for you... God bless and strengthen you daily.

~Ilene

 

Post a Comment