Wednesday, September 27, 2006

So the decision is final. We are soon-to-be home owners. Tuesday evening a purchase agreement was signed and Friday we will meet with our friendly loan officer to begin this big (and yes, somewhat scary) adventure of home-ownership.

For lack of pictures (the house is for sale by owner, and still our household does not own a digital camera) I'll describe our new abode. It is mint green. I know - Yuck. So until next year I will live in a mint green house. It has a single detached garage that R.Jay is absolutely enthralled by. I suppose I can relate to his excitement some because I'll be getting a brand new kitchen! We will be adding to the existing kitchen and dining room immediately and putting all new appliances and materials in the kitchen. Lots of fun. The living room is fairly large and there is a full bathroom off the living room. There are three bedrooms upstairs and another full bathroom. The best part of this house is the yard. Big and beautiful and enclosed with flowers and trees. Just lovely. Time will make this house pretty, but for now our lives may be a bit chaotic in transition to moving and construction.

Heather Dowling at 11:21 AM

3comments

3 Comments

at 12:17 PM Blogger Kat said...

I can help you enjoy that big yard you know:)

 
at 12:31 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be so excited!

And take a deep breath! Nobody expects you to have your house "done" any time soon! It takes years and years to make a house your own from top to bottom, and even then you'll probably want to re-do something you've already done. :)

(This is how I comfort myself regarding all our unfinished projects!)

 
at 2:34 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! It's so fun and rewarding owning your own home. I know you will love it!

 

Post a Comment