Sunday, October 08, 2006

real life

Here we are, back to real life.

R.Jay is recovering from a week of amazing learning about science, life, and even himself. He has come home with a new outlook as to just why he signed up to be one of the few who rescue lives in a mine disaster, and loves his choice even more so. Opportunities to share the gospel and opportunities to grow and learn have become stories I'm still listening to even today.

I'm settling back into the life I forgot I had been living for a week. A house to keep up (Jill spoiled me quite a bit!), Sunday school lessons to plan, appointments to make, and the list of things to do before moving into a brand new house are keeping me busy upon my return. For those who know and love the Neville and Levendusky families I'll give a brief update on all their happenings.
Phil & Jill are doing great, of course, and loving the fact they're only moments from a big city. Phil is busy with ministry work and landscaping the beautiful 8 acres they now own. Jill keeps herself busy with two wonderful little girls and women's ministry at their new church. Ali & Aisy are just as awesome as you could imagine. Ali is such a little lady who always uses her manners(and likes to refer to me as "the family"!), while her sister captures you're attention with her constant goofy noises and the silliest ballerina dances you can imagine.
Heidi & Derek are as busy as you've ever known them. Grace & Joye are young women now, which is a bit boggling to my mind. Esther is the sweetest soul who likes to compliment you every ten minutes. Reese is just as smooshy and awesome as each of his sisters were as babies. In fact, he is JUST like his sisters were except in different color clothing. The Levendusky gene has not passed this little man one bit.

A week of fun shopping, yummy food, play times with kids and babies, and amazing midnight talks with two of my very favorite women of God couldn't have been more healing. I've walked away with a new determination and a new insight into becoming this woman that God desires me to be.

At the very beginning of my "mini-vacation" I knew my God was doing something incredible. My sister shared with me the story of the man who wrote "It Is Well With My Soul".
Horatio Spafford was his name . He had four young daughters. His four daughters took a trip across the Atlantic and lost their lives. As Spafford traveled to be with his grieving wife over the Atlantic, the very waters his girls breathed their last breath, he wrote the lyrics to the song we now sing all over the world. Listening to the song after understanding what brought about such trust and peace, the Holy Spirit began healing wounds I didn't even know were still open.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrow like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Heather Dowling at 5:42 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 9:33 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

We sing that hymn often at church; it is amazing every time.

I'm so glad you had such a good week. His love is so amazing.

 
at 9:15 AM Blogger Kat said...

I love that song....amazing that people can rise above such tragedy with a positive attitude;) I am glad you had fun on your little mini vacation!!!

 
at 10:40 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I love you and I am so glad that we were able to share that moment together with that song.... I love moments like those! love me :-)

 

Post a Comment