Thursday, March 15, 2007

Just because I'm excited...

Name that baby!

Its about time I share on here the names we've chosen for this special little person joining us late summer, since I've shared with just about every person who doesn't read this and every stranger in Wal-mart, the mall, or Price Chopper. Ok, maybe not.

baby boy:
Rushton Bennett Dowling {to be called Bennett}
(Rushton because its R.Jay's name as well as his father's. Bennett because I love the name and it means 'little blessed one')

baby girl:
Annabelle Rose Dowling
(Annabelle because it means 'beautiful grace'. Rose after my eldest sister's middle name.)

So there they are, the names now written and the possibilties and ponderings of who this amazing person will be and the life it will live. It may be early to start spouting off names, but to my defense... I'm just all too thrilled and can't contain it any longer.

Heather Dowling at 8:14 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 9:23 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, please share your rejects... I'm desperate!!

I keep telling myself that I have lots and lots of time to pick out a name, so I needn't fret. But I am fretting-- for the first time-- because I just don't have a SINGLE NAME I REALLY LIKE. Either gender.

Ugh.

But I have to say I love your names. Especially Bennett. Very unique without being weird. It's got that "cute" quality for when he's little; sophisticated quality for if he's ever a "professional;" and nice-printed quality for when he files his taxes, sends out a wedding invitation, etc.

Props to you and R.Jay on picking out such nice names-- and for getting it done SO SOON! I'm impressed!

 
at 9:42 PM Blogger Kat said...

I already knew them...the perks of living next door!!!

 
at 2:52 PM Blogger abigaildaniels said...

Great names. I remember having Jocelyn's name picked out super duper early. It took a bit longer with Aidan (well, we had Aidan picked out as our "boy" name for Jocelyn- it was the girl name thta took forever) I fear that it might be a REALLY long time this time around! How are you feeling? Are you still having really severe nausea/yucky feelings? I feel so bad that you've had to handle that. I've been praying for you!

Abby

 
at 9:40 AM Blogger Keila said...

Beautiful names! At this point with Elena we had already decided on her name and were also settled on a boy's name. With Adriana, it took a bit longer but funny enough, the girl's name got settled quicker. Actually though we had settled on a boy's name I did try to negotiate it mid early stages of labor as we were getting ready to leave for the hospital! By the way, I can't believe I missed you when you saw Derek and Heidi at the Reynolds! Be blessed and congratulations on the names!

 

Post a Comment