Wednesday, May 23, 2007

its been a while...

This evening we'll hop into our car and drive to my sisters in Syracuse to get to bed early and leave for an early flight to North Carolina. We'll swim and eat lots and laugh with family and of course make way too many baby comments and belly rubs. It'll just be plain fun.

Its been a busy several days. Here's what I've found:

LIKES:

*Learning that I have a crazy amount of flowers that will be blooming next month. Thanks to my mother-in-law "knowing her flower stuff" I've come to realize that we'll be in flower bed heaven pretty soon in our backyard. Very exciting.

*Our flowering crab apple tree is beginning to flower it's fuchsia beauty. I'll promise a picture soon.

*Leading our Sunday School class ages 6-8. You never know how much you're going to laugh until you get into a room with our crew.

*Upholstering. I've reupholstered two small items in our home this week and had lots of fun doing so. Now on to two bigger projects - we'll see how good that goes.

*Free baby girl clothes and plenty of nice consignment shops in Watertown.

*Feeling all kinds of craziness in my belly from Annabelle. She makes my day sometimes.


DISLIKES:

*When my dog goes to the bathroom on my kitchen floor twice in one day. What's up with that? He's house trained!

*Blowing insulation into the walls of our upstairs. I helped my husband and now my back and feet are paying the price. This is a very messy and straining job, but it had to be done.

*The fact that I still haven't picked a color for the neutral walls in our living room, nor have I picked pillows to go with our new furniture. I'm so picky.

*Sunday school ends next week and I have to wait until September in order to start new lessons. Patience.

*Thorough cleanings of our refrigerator. I don't know why but I despise doing this.

*Having the flu, last week, while almost six months pregnant. Much harder.


I think I'll stop there. Wouldn't want my dislikes to start outweighing the likes.

Heather Dowling at 10:56 AM

2comments

2 Comments

at 10:02 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you upholster? And what are your big projects? How did you know what to do? I love the idea of being able to change my own furniture... but am totally lost as to where to start.

 
at 2:00 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

The re-upholstering thing jumped out at me, too. I was like, "Whoa! I have a talented friend!!" (And I might just call you at some point when I have projects of my own!)

Have fun with your family!!

 

Post a Comment