Sunday, May 06, 2007

why?

I hope I'm not the only mama-to-be who has days where she wishes it was over already. Never wishing away my baby... just wishing she was here, safe in my arms, and the pain and sickness were done.

Three nights in a row of little sleep....multitude of moments each day of holding back the sickness.... sore throat and achy ears..... crippling pain shooting through a sciatic nerve....

and sweet kicks from my favorite little person that even her daddy can feel now. This is why.

I told my husband recently that this is just a new season of lessons. A lesson in sacrifice, a lesson in mothering, a lesson in being His child. Realizing Christ was the ultimate parent and I was the oblivious child. Yet He sacrificed, He loved, and He called me His daughter. Despite the hardships, despite the laboring.

A labor of love. This is why.

Heather Dowling at 7:21 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 3:31 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can so relate to this right now. My other pregnancies have always seemed to fly by and I just love being pregnant so much that I am always sad to think of it being done-- in spite of the aches and pains and exhaustion and mood-swings and all the joys that come with it!-- but I must say that time could go a bit faster with this pregnancy and I would be very pleased. :) I think the biggest thing to remember is that each season with our children is so sweet, but it's too easy to only realize the sweetness of it after the fact. Do your best to treasure each day, each baby movement, each moment of knowing that your body is providing so beautifully for your baby girl, and somehow it becomes a joy to be the safe haven and "greenhouse" for as long as it takes. God has given us such an amazing gift in motherhood, but the challenges and sacrifices can so easily cloud out the joys. This is the constant struggle and will be your constant battle for many, many years! But I know you're doing great at recognizing the day the Lord has made, making good use of the moments, and giving thanks even in the midst of the more challenging times. Hang onto the perspective that is all too easy to lose: these days are fleeting and hold such unique opportunity for experiencing God in a new way. And come visit if you ever need something to pass the time!

(Sorry... that got a little long!)

 

Post a Comment