Sunday, June 24, 2007

30 weeks

Until recently I hadn't thought about the fact that this just might not be a girl growing inside me. While either way we'll be thrilled, I should probably consider packing a little boy's outfit in my overnight bag. Just in case.

Until recently I hadn't noticed just how much work we still have to get done on the upstairs of our house before baby arrives. While R.Jay has been working on it every free minute he has, and we've come a long way, September seems to be approaching fast.

Until recently I hadn't thought too much about labor beyond the knowledge of how new and painful it will be. While I'm up for the challenge, I'm starting to freak a little.

Until recently I hadn't realized just how many little belongings we have for our new baby. A lack of some bigger items is starting to cramp into my memory bank and I'm all the more hopeful we'll get most of what we need at my shower in August. Also, all the more hopeful that this baby will go full-term considering said shower is only 4 weeks before her due date. (And of course I'll need to go shopping after my shower and before she comes.)

Until recently I hadn't realized how far this ticker has come:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Funny how a milestone, like 30 weeks, will make you notice things. And panic.

Heather Dowling at 9:08 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 10:40 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Finally you updated! I read it to mom and dad.. it was fun.

 
at 9:33 AM Blogger Kat said...

Welcome to a little thing I like to call, "nesting."

 

Post a Comment