Friday, June 01, 2007

Its really Friday already. How did that happen? So here's how life in the Dowling world has been... better late than never...

Our visit to North Carolina was the best ever. Hands down. Though a quick trip, we laughed more than ever and swam more than ever. We relaxed and ate and everyone took turns feeling our baby move. As a first time mom, having my family feel those wonderful pops, that I am so in awe with, was just priceless. My Dad still seems to be trying to wrap his brain around the fact that I'm going to be a mom. After hugs in the airport he mumbled, "I can't believe my daughter is having a daughter." Big changes!

Another priceless was R.Jay's first experience swimming in the ocean. I doubt he was out of the water for more than 30 minutes the entire day. I was even able to enjoy my mother's attention solely on me for one morning and afternoon. We cooked and talked and laughed and picked strawberries. How much I missed my mama!

Our trip to and from was also another first for R.Jay. His first time in an airplane and as he states "we'll never drive down again". Yes, that's how much he loves it now. Or maybe its the fact he absolutely hates sitting in a vehicle for 13 hours.

Needless to say it was fantastic and too short. Now we're patiently (OK, well trying to be patient) awaiting my sisters later next month. Its mind-boggling how much my younger sisters have grown up into beautiful young women. Its also so much more fun now that they're older and enjoy the same things Heidi and I do. My brother, Samuel, is absolutely obsessed with Annabelle. He's a very proud uncle-to-be and clearly shows it. I love my family.


Now, life resumes for us with R.Jay off to work and I here to begin organizing, cleaning, and remodeling projects. Thank goodness for Heidi and Joe visiting this weekend to help with remodeling the upstairs.

Last night was another first, for both of us. Its funny how long we can be entertained by my bouncing belly. More than just feeling her kicks and crazy movements, my belly is now obviously showing these fun pops. She's an entertaining little creature!

We're so blessed.

Heather Dowling at 12:55 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 10:09 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... my first comment got deleted. =( But I had this big thing saying how happy I am for you guys and how much I miss you.
Also, thank you! There are many celebrations: salvation, unconditional, unfailing, unending love, and deliverance/ bondage breaking. I can't begin to exspress what I feel in my heart... I can only say I'm not the same person I once was.
Thanks again!

In Christ,
Ilene

 
at 10:09 AM Blogger Kat said...

Well now I can't wait to feel that bouncing belly moving!!!

 
at 3:37 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I'm here and you are beautiful!

 

Post a Comment