Wednesday, August 29, 2007

the happenings...

39 weeks

No signs of labor anytime soon. With over a week to go until my due date, I'm not sure why I was hoping she just might come early. She's my first, and my mother has gone late with ALL her babies. And if you haven't figured from past posts, I take after my mom A LOT.

So for now, I'm living off ice cream (OK, not really, but I eat plenty), enjoying the FREE air conditioner given to us, and browsing the Internet for some good finds. I religiously check craigslist.com for some furniture I'm hoping to find for this little house. If you haven't used this website yet, I highly recommend it. So far we've found a vanity/mirror sink set for our upstairs bathroom that is just adorable and the stroller we wanted off our registry for less than half the price and practically brand new. Lots of fun.

Since the renovation projects around this house are becoming too large a task for me, I've started on little things. Like scrubbing the refrigerator in detail, washing things I don't wash on a normal weekly basis, re-upholstery projects, and hanging pictures that have been in boxes for our 8 months of living here.

R.Jay has started walking with me each evening in hopes to get myself prepared for labor and hopefully get things moving. Last night, while walking and chatting, we realized that, to date, I have not lived in our current home and NOT been pregnant. How fun it will be with a new baby living here and not having to worry about vomiting constantly or over-doing my activities. I can't wait.

Our dog became deathly ill in the last month and had to be rushed to the vet. Now, let me remind those who know and educate those who don't... R.Jay and I are NOT pet people. Tanner was a gift, a free gift at that, and quickly became loved by us like part of the family. Call us crazy. $310.00 later we have a healthy dog again. I still can't believe we spent that much on a dog... but that's what happens when you drop the "we won't ever have a pet" ball and fall in love with a cute puppy.

We constantly talk about Annabelle. When doing normal activities around the house and using phrases like "its in the baby's room" or "is that Annabelle's?" we usually just have to stop and smile a bit. She's really coming and she's really ours. I just can't wait to meet her, to kiss her, and to hold her and tell her how much I've waited for her and how good God is to us, and to her.

Aren't you so excited??? :)

Heather Dowling at 2:51 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 4:02 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm so very excited for you! A week or 2 or 3 feels like so long right now-- but once she's here you'll be amazed at how quickly time can go! Hang in there and enjoy your ice cream and AC (I'll try not to be envious!)...

Next Tues I have an appointment myself in Canton at 1:15-- and I may have an u/s following that if they can get me in. Either way, I wouldn't want to meet you afterwards because my dr.'s office runs notoriously late (ugh). If your appointment isn't too much earlier than mine, maybe we could meet in the late morning or something? Let me know!

 
at 5:42 PM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well and keeping busy without overexerting yourself! That's probably the best thing right now to make the time pass quickly as you anxiously await the arrival of your precious babe! Keep walking in the evenings like you are...that's how my water broke! Take care and keep in touch!

(I'm glad to hear that Tanner is doing better!)

 
at 4:01 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would call you myself, except that every time I look up your #, I end up calling some other home and the people there very kindly give me the right #-- and I just don't know that I want to bug them again! At any rate, if Tues morning rolls around and you're interested in getting together, give me a call (262.0321) so we can perhaps figure out a time and place to meet!

 
at 9:53 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

That baby of yours is just holding out for my birthday, right?!?! :)

I'll call you!

 
at 8:30 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noon would be perfect! Could we meet at the Partridge Cafe?

Can you call me in the morning before you leave for your appointment just so I know for sure that you're not having a baby?! :)

 
at 11:17 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! Your little girl will be with you & R.Jay anytime now!!! Try to get lots of rest now....and remember when she arrives...you nap when she sleeps!
Oh how I wish I were there with you! :( Hopefully in 18+ months, we'll be up there again! :)
Lots of hugs! ~Angie

 
at 1:47 PM Blogger abigaildaniels said...

I'm so excited for you and RJ. It's so special to ask every morning "will today be the day?" I'm looking forward to seeing photos of this sweet girl!

 

Post a Comment