Wednesday, September 05, 2007

40 weeks
I know, I know... the picture isn't fantastic and I've stolen her idea of "mirror-picture-taking" (what else can you do when you're home alone?), but at least my 40 week pregnant belly is clearly seen. If this pregnancy lasts a bit longer, like I imagine it will, I'll try and get a last pregnant (better) picture on here.
Yesterday's prenatal appointment brought just the news I was expecting... nothing. Other than a, so far, 33lb. weight gain this pregnancy and a little more dropping, my midwife couldn't offer any encouragement that she might be here soon. Looks like September 6th may come and go with no baby.
Oh well, I'm content on doing small household projects, getting ready for the flourish of company arriving after the long-awaited baby woman, and playing dominoes with my husband to pass the time. After all, the labor isn't the fun part... its all the kisses and lovings we get to throw Annabelle's way afterwards.

Heather Dowling at 2:12 PM

6comments

6 Comments

at 3:03 PM Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there Heather, you look great! Ive been checking daily to see if there was any news. She will come...and all will be well. you will finally get to hold her in your arms. Im so excited for you.

 
at 7:23 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy due date! Go celebrate reaching the last days of a healthy pregnancy! Enjoy some time with your hubby. Don't focus on the have-nots but on all the haves. And you will have your baby before you know it!!

 
at 1:34 PM Blogger abigaildaniels said...

I do wish that you had some more encouraging news from the midwife! :-( Somehow it seems so sad to not be holding the sweet baby on her due date. But, after all it is an estimated date, right? (if Oct. 21 rolls around and I'm still pregnant, you might have to remind me of that too!)

Enjoy your last few days of sleeping!

 
at 4:26 PM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

Hang in there, Heather! You're almost to the end...the best part, after the labor that is! We're praying for you!

 
at 1:53 AM Blogger danica said...

I confess to stalking your site, afraid I'll miss something INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT! :)

I'm so excited for you and can't wait for you to have your baby. Soooo excited!

 
at 12:31 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so exciting to know that it REALLY could be any day now! Sometimes that can seem depressing, but in the long-run it's such an exciting time! :)

Enjoy your last time with just you and R.Jay... Life will never be the same (good, but different).

 

Post a Comment