Thursday, September 20, 2007

words can't express...

Annabelle Rose 5 days old


Some sweets about my sweet:

Annabelle makes the sweetest sounds. Hardly ever crying, her squeaks and coos are heart-melting.

Her big eyes follow her momma and daddy's voices so well. Her smiles are constant and she seems to smile most when daddy's mustache tickles her little face.

Her big cheeks are extra-kissable and we take full advantage of them.

She loves to be in motion. Her swing and vibrating chair are a couple of her favorites.

She is content most all of the time, enjoying nursing and cuddling with momma, daddy, and grandma Lucy.

She is absolutely amazing.






She enjoys her basket bed a whole lot. She only wakes up at night only to nurse and I can't believe how much I miss her from feeding to feeding.

She has eyes just like her daddy and a nose that looks like her momma's. She's tiny. So tiny. In fact, grandma Lucy made a special trip to pick up some preemie clothes for her beginning days.





My labor was an incredibly wonderful experience. Friday morning I woke up with contractions and had them throughout the day and into the night. Saturday morning by 3:30am I couldn't lay in bed any longer. My contractions picked up through the morning and by 10:00am they were 2 1/2-3 minutes apart and we where on the phone with our midwife, getting ready to head to the hospital. We arrived at about 11:30am and by 4:02 our sweet girl was born.

I still feel incredibly blessed at how fast (and quite easy) my labor was. No drugs were used and afterwards we enjoyed a nice dinner as a new family. I keep counting all the ways in which the Lord blessed us not only with a healthy, beautiful baby, but also with a healthy labor and delivery.


The world seems a little different now that Annabelle is here. There is new love for my husband and I'm using emotional muscles I never imagined I had. This tiny person has brought a whole new person out in me and my heart can't stop rejoicing in the love of God for my little family. Prayers are poured out over my daughter daily, and hopes and dreams are discussed with God continually. I'm honored He's entrusted this precious child to me and I desire earnestly to see her desire Him in return. These words can't express everything in my heart tonight, but I'm sure most of you who read this know just how I feel.

I love being a mom. I love watching R.Jay be Annabelle's daddy. I love my baby. I love my Lord.

Heather Dowling at 7:53 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 11:59 PM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

Heather she is so beautiful! I can't wait to see her! And hold her! I bet mom is having an awesome time! I am posting things on my post each day that we are here about what we are doing... if you can you shoule read them.... Love you tons and tons!

 
at 8:03 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather! She is just beautiful, Congratulations. Your latest post made me a bit teary eyed, seeing you with Annabelle. Treasure these moments with her as they do grow up way to fast. I am in awe Heather at your love for God & your family , you truly are an amazing Woman :> Have a wonderful weekend.

Danielle Brown ( Sauve )

 
at 8:32 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you all! She is so adorable and your post was so beautiful. It really captures a mothers heart. I'm wondering, does she really sleep on her tummy in her basket?? It's so cute. My kids never went in on their tummy--always their back. My sister liked her tummy though. Well, congrats again. Good job, Mommy!

 
at 11:29 PM Blogger danica said...

I love the picture of you both. Brings back memories of those most precious first few weeks of euphoric bliss. So, so special.

 
at 2:54 PM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

You're absolutely right...words can't even begin to express the initial joy and excitement upon becoming a mother! It seems like it was just yesterday for me! Enjoy every minute with Annabelle! Babies grow way too fast!!!

 

Post a Comment