Thursday, October 25, 2007

the bigger picture

Right now, being a mom is super fun. It has moments of challenges and times of being a bit sleepy still, but with all my attention focused on one little girl, it has most definitely been more fun. The house is kept up, the baby is happy, dinner is on the table, and my husband and I even manage to have grown-up conversations still. I'm trying to squeeze every ounce of bliss out of this season and still greatly anticipating the ones to follow. Isn't it silly how looking at Annabelle's newborn clothes and newborn diapers, that she's far outgrown now, makes me tear up for the tiny moments that passed much too fast? I know, I know...she's still small.
Yet with all the fun I'm having dressing my baby up in cute clothes and drooling over her mushy cheeks and oh-so-cute chubby thighs, the bigger picture of why she is in our lives keeps knocking on my heart's door. The very idea that Christ foreknew my daughter, loves her more than I possibly could, and has her future all mapped out is breathtaking. The idea that the world we live in continues to fall deeper into sin each passing day and there is an enemy prowling around seeking to devour Life for Annabelle is real. So we pray. We teach, even now. We live our lives to love Him. When all is said and done, it won't matter how good I was at changing her diapers or putting her on nursing or sleep schedules, or even making her the best behaved child in Sunday School. It will matter where she spends eternity. It will matter if I guided her down the straight and narrow.

So while I kiss her awesome cheeks and show her off at a dinner party tonight, I'll remember the bigger picture.

Heather Dowling at 2:18 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 4:35 PM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

You are so right about what really matters! I'm so glad you didn't lose sight of that upon becoming a mom...it's definitely easy to do! Always remember how important it is to spend time with R.Jay as well, even through the busy moments of taking care of Annabelle. It's hard being a good wife and mom at the same time and finding a good balance between the two...it's something I've struggled with a lot over the past year, but God has definitely shown me how important both roles truly are!

We can't wait to see you all on Saturday! Thanks so much for the post! Take care!

 

Post a Comment