Wednesday, December 19, 2007

daily bantering of a housewife...

Irritating:

-Our photo Christmas cards not turning out quite as well as I hoped. (For those of you who receive one from us - my baby is not a yellow martian.)

-My squeaky dryer. Although it works fine, it has a constant, almost, nails-on-the-chalkboard squeak each time it is used.

-Losing all my "baby weight" and then some, only to find I've put back on a couple pounds with all this Christmas goody eating.

-My lack of diligence, as of late. Sometimes I got so irritated with myself. I really need to be practicing piano, among other things.

Enjoying:

-Annabelle is in her third hour of her morning nap. Nice.

-Morning devotions and worship with a cute baby on my lap.

-Our Christmas tree and new knitted stockings hanging on our pretty banister. I love having a pretty banister.

-My husband coming home at 3pm instead of 4pm from work now. No more 50 hour weeks! (For now.)

-Annabelle's attempts at giggling and watching her try and sit up all by herself.

-Warm cozy evenings in front of a pretty lit Christmas tree with my little family.

Heather Dowling at 11:28 AM

4comments

4 Comments

at 1:54 PM Blogger brietta said...

3pm instead of 4pm is indeed a very wonderful thing. Your evenings will feel so long!!!

This Christmas may be the first time I've ever lost weight instead of gained, but I'm pretty sure that's OK seeing as how the scale has just now gotten down to where it was pre-Aubrey. :)

I can't believe Annabelle sleeps so much! That is amazing. Honestly. (Bronwyn holds the record as my "sleeper," and even she can't touch what Annabelle seems to manage!)

 
at 2:33 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your house looks beautiful! I cannot believe we haven't been out to visit yet. What delinquent friends we are.

 
at 6:18 PM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

I totally agree with Jackie...your house looks absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for the Christmas card...I thought they turned out very nice! The pictures you chose were perfect! I hope all is well there! Take care and keep in touch!:-)

 
at 10:15 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I LOVE YOU! And you look wonderful! Enjoy the Holidays while you have them here. You are beautiful!

I CAN'T WAIT TO COME AND SEE YOU!!!! I am just so excited!

 

Post a Comment