Wednesday, December 12, 2007

good busy

We've been busy. Who isn't this time of year? Just like them, we're being busy with things everyone would want to be busy with. So, for now, I'll just update you on us-being-busy.

We spent a couple of days in Syracuse last week visiting my sister. Annabelle's very first away-from-home adventure. Aside from that spicy dip I ate at a cookie-exchange which led my poor little girl to wail for a bit, she did fantastic. She even slept a record over 10 hours straight, no stops for nursing. That was nice.
My parents bought this for Annabelle for Christmas. Though I swore up and down I'd be the mom who would never need/use one of these, I'm finding it one of my favorite items we own for Annabelle now.

Annabelle was dedicated at church this past Sunday. My sister sang a beautiful song, R.Jay shared some beautiful thoughts on Annabelle and fatherhood, and Annabelle was just, well, beautiful. Yes, I cried. A whole lot.

After her dedication, opening a present from grandparents.

We've had many dinners with Dowling family, as of late. Dinners to just be together, to help comfort, to tell how much we love. Its been a special time.

We've (well I've) made cookies and lit candles and read special things to my little girl. I've wrapped presents and placed them under our pretty tree.

We've shopped and eaten things with way too many calories. We've continued working on this little house of ours.

Best of all, we've snuggled. We laughed at our little smiley baby. We've learned new things about her. We've watched her grow just before our eyes. We've watched each other grown as parents. We've been busy... the good busy.


Heather Dowling at 2:39 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment