Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Home.

Well, we've been home since Monday evening, but we all know how time passes by. A home to get back in shape (not that R.Jay didn't do a great job keeping up with things - much to my delight), a disheveled baby to get back to her "norm", and my tear-inducing migraine to battle. Enough excuses...

Our big surprise trip was wonderful. My sister and Joe had churches to visit in Maryland this past weekend and decided to spend the week with family before heading up to the churches that support them as missionaries. So, the babe and I were asked to tag along. A chance to have my family see Annabelle? How could I say no!? My parents knew Heidi & Joe were coming, but kept it from the kids. No one knew Annabelle and I would walk through the door and you can imagine the screams and tears.
Annabelle was terrific. The 12+ hour drive went smoothly. She even slept better and more scheduled at my parents then she does here (and I thought that wasn't possible). We ate at fun restaurants, shopped with my mom, visited the kids school and mom's work, and played a whole lot in between. We had a blast. We were even able to visit one of the churches in Maryland that support Heidi & Joe (an all black church with a fantastic choir - very cool.). Annabelle had her first hotel visit there, and once again did exceptional.

Now we're home. And happy. We missed R.Jay way too much and he's taking every chance to squeeze his much-missed girls now. Days like today are what I always thought of when picturing being a mom. Cozy inside, safe from the snow and wind and biting cold. A clean home, laundry humming. Snuggling my sweet girl as she rubs my face and we drift off to sleep. I love being Annabelle's mom.

Here are a few pictures from our big adventure:
Chillin' at Ham's (our favorite restaurant)
Shopping with Grandma Lucy
Hanging out with Aunt Gina



Reading with Uncle Sam.

Being silly with Papa Sergio. (N0, that is not his hand, its my moms. Funny, I know.)


Relaxing with her aunts.


Visiting Grandma's work.

Playing in the stroller Grandma bought her.

Heather Dowling at 2:16 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 3:13 PM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

Wicked cute pictures of everyone! So glad to hear you had such an awesome time with your family! That's great!:-)

 
at 4:08 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise. Love your pictures! I am such a picture person LOL . Annabelle is so cute :)


Danielle

 
at 6:51 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the best times, aren't they?!?!

And I just have to say that Annabelle's "bangs" SOOO remind me of Bronwyn when she was a baby! She had the same exact "hairstyle!"

 

Post a Comment