Tuesday, January 15, 2008

a THIRD of a year


We've got a 4-month-old. A whole THIRD of a year old. As I type, that little baby woman sits (literally) next to me on the couch, content to chew on her chubby fingers and watch her feet move in front of her. Now and then she looks over at me and gives me a big "hi mom!" smile. What a delight!
She now weighs in at 12lbs. (so much for me trying to guess her weight) and is 24in. long. She's a petite little thing.
She's trying to master the art of 'rolling-over'. So far she's made it onto her side. We'll see how long it takes her to figure out the other half of the roll.
She squeals now too. Not so much a crier, she'll squeal and squeak to get my attention instead. Loudly too. She hums as well. I'm not sure why, but she loves to hear herself hum. Over and over and over.
Christmas Eve night our little bean laughed. Not just a little chuckle, but a full belly laugh. Her first. Since then, she's showed off her belly laughing a whole lot. We're having a whole lot of fun finding ways to hear her giggle.
She still sleeps like a champ. She's down by 10pm and doesn't usually stir until 7 or 8am. Yes, she's still napping fantastically too.
She's really a wonderful baby. That said... that wonderfully baby won't sit for too long, you know. I'm off to get her to giggle...

Heather Dowling at 2:24 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 8:55 AM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

It was so nice to see you and Annabelle yesterday! I'm looking forward to hanging out again soon!:-)

 
at 7:58 PM Blogger danica said...

I linked to you for a little blog game that's going around. See my blog for details!

 

Post a Comment