Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm really not sure how many of you with more children and more responsibilities have time to post. Ever. I find myself trying to accomplish the I-need-my-hands-free tasks during Annabelle's little sleep snippets and the times R.Jay takes her for some Daddy and his girl time, rather than hopping on here to update, catch up on others, and browse the usual favorites. Maybe it is just a season.

Speaking of little sleep...Annabelle went from two great long naps during the day to 20-30 minute "power" naps throughout the day. Just in the last month. This is the second day of sleepiness for us grown-ups too, as Annabelle feels its necessary to stay up until 3am. Where did my routine-loving girl go?

We've all been sick. Which means the house isn't quite as kept to my liking and we retreat like hermits for awhile. (A rather hard thing for one who loves the company of others.) It also means I feel sluggish, even as I'm getting better. I hate feeling sluggish. My mind gets mushy and my attitude cold. My heart seems distant and my drive fades. I seem to slump into someone I can't stand.

Yet! Today I feel eternity, for Christ has set it in my heart. I feel the weight of my actions beyond this moment. My attitude warms up and my hands get busy around this little house. And now that my baby is waking up from her 4th 20-minute nap today, I'll cuddle her and wipe her runny nose one more time because that is my purpose in this moment and I'll do it with eternity in my mind.

With that said.... Annabelle smiles big and begins to "talk" to me. How great is that?

Heather Dowling at 2:24 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 5:23 PM Blogger Jackie | One Redeemed Mom said...

there are so many stages in motherhood, all of which are exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. Just enjoy each one, the best that you can. Lauren used to nurse constantly at night. Which meant I was up in the rocking chair, as neither Josh nor I can rest with her in bed with us. i tried to enjoy it, the snuggles and love shared. Now its passed. She only nurses once or twice from 7 pm until morning and none at all during the day. Its already passed. Was it hard when she constantly wanting to nurse and snuggle? Yep. But I miss it. So the days where all the little things go undone - let them go. She is going to be off and running so fast.

So when are we going to get all these cute little girls together?!

 

Post a Comment