Sunday, March 09, 2008

today's thoughts

*Church today was at Pastor's home. With this insane storm came lots of power outages, our church included. So, many of us got cozy and enjoyed guest ministry from Budapest, Hungary. It was great (and not just because they live two homes down from us). Just guitars and voices and babies playing. Stories from across the world and coffee with friends. It isn't a wonder why most great churches started in people's homes.

*I joined a MOMS Club and absolutely love it. Each mom is different and each child unique. We even have triplets, one sharing the same name as my mom. How fun is that? Being at a church without many young moms and living in somewhat of a remote area, I needed some other lets-talk-about-our-kids kind of friends. I'm excited. Now, the idea of Annabelle learning to share & play with others before a future sibling arrives is very appealing. (That's not a pregnancy hint.)

*My sister leaves on April 24th. For Mexico. Yes, the far far away country. I know we're not created to just be part of our little families and make memories. I know. I know there is a bigger picture and ministry callings and a great big loving God to serve. I know. I'm just going to miss her. A lot.


*I bought this for Annabelle's Easter basket.


Here's the synopsis: "A is for Annabelle, grandmother's doll, B for her box on the chest in the hall. Learn the alphabet from A to Z with the help of Annabelle the doll. Each gorgeously illustrated spread features one of her favorite things."

Isn't it just wonderful?

*To be honest I've tried not to think too much of Annabelle turning 6 months this week. (I know, its only 6 months old! How rough will 1 be!?) Mostly because she's our first, and now those first six months of "little-ness" has passed. I try to gobble up each second, not trying to miss any little thing. Though, it seems the more I try to hang on, the quicker it goes and the older she gets. I do love watching her grow into a sweet baby girl with a big personality all of her own. I'm excited to watch her learn and grow. I'm excited to teach her so many new things. I'm excited to see who and what she will become. But, there are moments when I can't believe the freshness of this amazing new little person, who was prayed for before she was even conceived, has turned into the past. So when you ask, "how old is she?", you'll understand why I'll answer "six months" with tears (almost) in my eyes.

Heather Dowling at 5:01 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 6:57 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm SO glad you are enjoying the MOMS Club! It's a great group and I really miss them sometimes.

 
at 7:38 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I simply love Tasha Tudor.

And I'm with you on the 6 months thing. The Lord-- in a way that is just like Him-- has caused Aubrey's infancy to be more precious and special and just plain old fun for me than I can even believe in light of all the troubles and difficulties there has been. Consequently, I am finding it more difficult than it's ever been to say good-bye to a single day.

 
at 7:55 PM Blogger Jackie | One Redeemed Mom said...

MOMS club is awesome. In so many ways, the Lord used our little Madrid MOMS club to pull me out of a bad place. Now even though its disbanded (due to low membership) I've still got great friends through it.

And I fully understand the 6 month milestone as a hard one. Every month with Lauren has been a little like that. Now that she's walking and talking and doing all things toddler, and few things baby even though she won't be one for a few weeks now, I'm so glad that I just enjoyed her babyhood. I can't really think yet about her birthday. A year?1 Just not real. Keep enjoying that sweet baby.

We should plan something before Easter. When are you leaving for NC?

 
at 8:53 PM Blogger Jackie | One Redeemed Mom said...

How about Tuesday the 18th? We'll be in between two weekend of house guests. So my first thought is that it would be easier for me if you all came here. But since you'll be driving that weekend, it's probably a bit much to ask, huh?

Let me know which would work for you. I have to see your baby!!

 
at 11:15 AM Blogger mrsdmf72205 said...

I can totally relate with how fast the baby-days go by! It is very exciting to watch them grow, but sad all at the same time! I was a sappy mess on Caleb's 1st Birthday!

Week days aren't very good for us because David doesn't get home until close to 6:00PM most nights. Unless you were thinking just us without our guys? Or if you wanted to include them, we could wait until that first weekend in April when you said you were free. Let me know!:-)

 

Post a Comment