Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reality.

Back to it.

To the reality that my parents and Heidi and Joe can't stay visiting in our little house forever.

A reality that my parents have to fly thousands of miles to their home now, which seems even farther away today.

A reality that my big sister leaves for Costa Rica in 9 short days and won't set eyes on our little abode again until Christmas.

The reality of my simple life here in our simple town. A sweet baby to tend to, laundry to stuff in machines, and floors to be vacuumed. Back to some sort of routine.

Why doesn't the leaving after each visit get easier? Why is the distance between New York and North Carolina so much farther now that I can't share Annabelle with them? Why did my sister have to choose Costa Rica and Mexico as home? Or is it that He chooses? He plants. He moves. He knows. He cares. Yeah...

Reality is that my daughter turns 7 months old today. Her attempts at singing are absolutely priceless. The amount she can eat, yet still remain small, is absolutely mind-boggling. The way she claps and says "Yay!" at just about everything she does is absolutely adorable. How she sits still and studies each book read to her is absolutely amazing. When she kisses me each time I ask and gives big hugs, I absolutely come undone. I love this baby woman.

Heather Dowling at 1:35 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 6:24 AM Blogger Jackie | One Redeemed Mom said...

We need to get together. Dinner? Brunch? Snack time? Anything.

Next week is nuts for us as I have three nights straight that I have to be out of the house alone. Fun for me (sort of) but hard on everyone else.

Besides the massive pile of clothes I have for you, I totally relate to this post and feel your pain. Trust me. I'd love to tell you that the years make it easier but I'm going on 12 years since I moved away from home. It never gets easier. Especially when you are close to your parents, like you and I are.

Call me :-)

 

Post a Comment