Thursday, April 24, 2008

sad.

Its pretty sad how this blog has become a what-Annabelle-is-doing-this-month journal to only those who appreciate the small things babies can accomplish in 4 weeks. Yeah. Its been that busy. Now, onward to spring and summertime activities and we've got ourselves wrapped up in whole other bundle of adventures. Don't be fooled, we're having fun too. I've managed to take a walk with the babe almost every single day of this crazy beautiful weather. We're also busy grilling on our very first outdoor grill given to us and cleaning up our huge backyard.

In the midst of all the fun and busyness I'm spring cleaning in my soul. Maybe the reason I haven't written on here so often isn't my [excuse] to-do list. Just maybe there is too much going on in my heart. Too much to possibly write coherently on a blog. Then again, maybe there are days were there is just nothing. Nothing worthy to share on this big world wide web. How sad. How sad that I can't get it together enough lately to define what God is doing in me in the moments He seems to be shouting at me and in the moments He seems to be silent, but intent on working on me.

In all honesty I need my closet. My space to just be with Him. I need so much more of that lately. Even if that requires a happy baby girl to join me in that space, be it doing dishes or changing stinky diapers. I need to stop procrastinating and start grasping what He's speaking. I need so much more of Christ. I need clear vision and direction. So, I'm admitting it out into the abyss of blog-world and now I've included all readers in on keeping me accountable. Right?

(Forgive my melancholy attitude. There really is hope and joy in this post. I promise.)

On a completely different note, Heidi and Joe flew to Costa Rica today. So pray for them and their adventures as missionaries. Pray for me too - so I don't go completely nuts without any of my family close. :)

Heather Dowling at 3:48 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 6:11 AM Blogger Jackie | One Redeemed Mom said...

I feel your pain my dear friend. Next week I'm leaving on Wednesday to go to a wedding on Long Island so traveling to your place on Monday or Tuesday would be a bit hard. The week after - we are getting together. Any day you have free, I'm there.

Call me :-)

 
at 10:58 AM Blogger Rose of the Hill said...

I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH SISTER!

And miss you tons too!

ONLY 38 days!

 

Post a Comment